Chapter Twenty-three.

Start from the beginning

I kept the smile on even though it was a major struggle. Trying to keep my thoughts of things I let my eyes wonder around the room. It was your typical classic ballroom.  Classic music played in the background, mixing with the low chatter of the guests.

"William ". Both of our heads wiped to the source of the voice.

Running through the crowd a man,who looked no older than William, waved at us. For the first time in history, I saw William full smile. Not a smirk or a frown or a mocky grin, a smile.

That's a first.

"Willy, found yourself a hot lady"

Silly blush!

William's grip tightened around me, slowly suffocating me and squeezing my insides.

"Well, I have always been the lucky man. Since day one. "

" Let's see about that. "

Before William can retort back with an extra cocky remark, his friend suddenly turned to me and bowed slightly while grinning widely.

" Where are my manners? " The stranger asked still looking at me.

" As if you have any. " William muttered. Loudly.

However, either the man heard it and chose to ignore it or he didn't hear it at all. However, I personally think it was the very first one.

" I'm Thomas Illiqueas,but you can call me Tom,I'm from Italy but lived in my very beloved country, England. " This explains the very thick but swooning worthy accent.

Suddenly he grabbed my hand bent down and kissed it. Making me blush.  Looking up from the kiss he winked and whispered secretly:

"If you ever get bored from that useless brat, I'll be one phone call away. Besides I'm much more better in-"

He was interrupted with a punch in his shoulder. His whispers weren't whispers after all.

"Finish that sentence and I'll finish you off. " William growled.

I stood there confused not knowing what to do. I didn't get why did he become so mad? Egotistical much? Then after the winks and grins Tom shot me while nursing his shoulder. It hit me. With that I was officially called a walking tomato.

Through the night I learned that they were best friends since high school, went to college together and got their first cars together. They knew each other before high school, when either family visited. Their fathers were friends so they were. They were complete opposites. William was calm and more mature while Tom was loose and very immature.

Tom kept flirting with me, hitting on me and saying inappropriate comments. William stood there and listened and every once in a while he would punch Tom in the shoulder when he got too inappropriate.

Tom was quite eye catching. He had blonde way hair and greenish grey eyes. His face features were sharp making him look handsome. He was a definition of good lookers.  He wore a suit similar to William's but a lighter shade of grey. Under it was a button down white shirt that showed off his sculpt body.

"May I please have this dance? " Tom asked, interrupting my thoughts.

Apparently while I was busy thinking everyone around us headed to the dance floor,dancing to the soft classic music playing.

" Yeah. Sure."

With that I was pulled  away from William. Instantly, William shot a glare to Tom. Why? I didn't know. Before I could read his face expression he disappeared in the crowd.

"How do you put up with him? " Tom asked sincerely. Pure confusion shining in his eyes.

" What? " I chuckled nervously.

" Rosie, don't play dump with me.  I know. "

" Know what? ". Cue the nervous chuckle.

" Fake wedding.  He told me. "

" Oh. " I avoided I contact,and focused of the steps we took while dancing.

Suddenly he twirled me taking me by surprise.

When I was back again in his arms, he looked at me and sighed.

" I know he is giving you a hard time.  Sorry for that. If you need anything call me. " He smiled sadly at me.

Suddenly he stopped dancing and pulled me to the bar.

" I know that you never tried alcohol before. And that is just  sad. Here, " He motioned to the bartender "try this".

Trying to set myself free, I drank it. Asked for more and drank. Till the night became blury and I muttered incoherent things. To be more precise I was drunk.