Chapter 28 - Whirlwind

Start from the beginning

I also learned that it was not typical to have a bridal party with bridesmaids and groomsmen. Since Minhyuk was not sold separately, we decided that the guys needed to be part of the ceremony. And besides, they had ALL proposed to me.

We only had 3 months, but thankfully in Korea it is not that complicated to plan a wedding. When you rent the venue, they do everything else! We decided on The Raum, which has an incredibly beautiful courtyard for the ceremony. Since we had not made the announcement to the public yet, we asked them to hold the invitations for a few more days so that no one leaked it accidentally. It was also not customary to have a long engagement in Korea. International fans might make assumptions about a rushed wedding, but that is just the way it is in Korea.

Now all that was left was the dress and his tuxedo. I went for my consultation and met with EunJin, the designer and boutique owner. I described the dress I had envisioned. I wanted something simple, elegant, and drop-dead gorgeous. I wanted Minhyuk's jaw to drop to the ground when he saw me. I know... I wasn't asking for much. She laughed when I told her this. She sketched out a design and showed me. It was perfect. It was as if she could see into my mind and had pulled out the dress. She motioned for her assistant to come over and showed her the drawing. She gave her some direction, and then turned back to me. The assistant disappeared into the back of the shop.

EunJin asked me about the style of tuxedo for Minhyuk. I told her what I liked, but he would have the final decision on that. He was planning to see her soon. We talked comfortably while we waited for the assistant. I told her that our flowers were to be red and ivory roses and gave her the name of the venue. She was familiar with it and nodded her head. I could see that she approved. Her assistant reappeared with a bow and asked us to please follow her.

We went into another area and there were mirrors along the walls and a round platform in the middle. This was obviously the fitting and viewing area. EunJin directed me to a mannequin at the other side of the room. On it was the gown that I had just described moments before. I gasped when I saw it. How she just happened to have the dress that I had designed in my head, I do not know. It was just one more in a long line of convenient coincidences in recent months.

I looked at EunJin and she was grinning at my reaction. "I started designing this dress months ago and it just did not feel finished, but I could not decide what I wanted to do to it. Now I understand why. It is finished now that the bride has appeared."

"EunJin-ah, it is simply stunning! It is the exact dress I have been seeing in my head! It is perfect!" I reached out and lifted the flowing, sheer embroidered fabric that hung before me. The lining was almost flesh-tone giving the illusion of skin under the outer layer. It had a princess neckline and the straps could be worn on or off the shoulder. It was incredibly sexy and elegant at the same time. Seeing it in person made me giddy.

"Then let's get started with the fitting," she smiled.

The end of our vacation had come, but it had been an eventful month. We got engaged, planned our wedding, found my dress and his tux, and got the invitations ready to go out. We got all the paperwork squared away, except the actual registering of our marriage, which would happen soon. We looked at a few apartments. We had gotten to spend a whole month together. We were apart only a few hours here and there, and the more I was with him, the more I wanted to be with him.

Now that we were back from vacation, it was time to announce our engagement. Since Minhyuk had already told the agency, they were ready with their official statement. He wanted to tell Monbebes first, just like before. He decided that he would announce it on a VLive after writing a letter to post on fancafe. His letter was short and heartfelt. Monbebes had mixed reactions, as expected. For the most part, the reaction was favorable. But as always, there were those who were bitter or just plain mean. Sadly, I was getting familiar with this.