Chapter 2- A NEW JOB?

Cassy's POV

I got up in the morning feeling stiff all over. I had overdone my house chores last night. Aunt Marie couldn't get out of her bed and because I came in last night, the apartment had become extra dirty. I had to work almost till midnight to get the house clean.

I looked at the address in my hand and sighed. Aunt Marie had given it to me last night and I was still thinking whether my decision was correct or not. Before I could change my mind, I placed a call and fixed an interview. I had to get ready in an hour to reach my destination.

I bathed, letting the warm water flow off my body and dressed in my most unlike-waitress-yet-professional clothes ever. A skin tight jeans with an overcoat till mid-thighs. The coat was green with little prints but not very casual. Or not very unprofessional.

I yelled "Bye!" to Aunt Marie and got into her convertible following the directions to the adress she had given me.

Thirty minutes later, I was standing in front of a huge building that looked nothing like a restaurant. It was uge with glass fittings that show...are that clothes?

I got in and realized that it was a bloody showroom.

There were racks of clothes all over the place, a few hanging from hangers. They were all in greys and blacks or whites, just that palette. The work inside was masculine and impossibly beautiful, despite the overload of dull colours.

The cashier area was empty except for a very handsome man possibly in his twenties.

"Excuse me?" I called out.

"Uh huh?" He said, turning around. He looked me in the eye for a moment and I suddenly felt very nervous. "Yes?"

I took a deep breath and everything rolled off my tongue. "I had an appointment for an interview today."

He opened his mouth in an mute 'Ah!'

I couldn't help but notice how extremely handsome he is. He had a deep mesmerising voice which hypnotized me. Almost. He had dark hairs which looked silky and my fingers itched to ruffle them. His perfect nose, pink lips and dark brown eyes could make any girl go crazy. And, unlike most good-looking men, he didn't seem rude or proud. In fact, he hardly knew that he was good-looking.

I smiled.

"Are you ready?" He asked, eyeing me curiously.

"I need to know the work first."

"Oh. You will be working as a cashier." He stated.

Cashier? How are cashier and waitress the same thing?

Oh, no. I can't believe it. She lied to me. How can an ill person on bed and in the most terminal state of life play pranks?

"Cashier?" I managed to say. " I am sorry but I am applying as a waitress."

"Yeah, your grandmother told me you'd come with a misunderstanding. Well, she said that you should apply for this job because I'd pay you well. And well since my mother knows your grandma-"

"She's my father's sister."

"- Oh, since your aunt knows mom, I agreed. And well, I am happy about my decision right now because you are... Uhh.... I mean, you seem nice."

I could feel myself blushing and I tried not to smile but a piece of it escapes.

"Shall we start?" He asked in a gentlemanly manner and I nodded in response.

Rumes' POV

"Next week is the party, sir." June said, looking at the clipboard, pouting. I likes that about her. She didn't seem interested in me as much as she was engrossed in her work. And it was because she is 20 years older than me. That also means that even if she was sexually attracted to me, she wouldn't show it.

"Not much of a party." I murmured.

"But you need to be present, sir. Everyone will be..."

"I know!" I snapped.

She visibly swallowed and said, "There is a dress code, too."

"A dress code? What are we, a bunch of seven year olds?" I asked, frustrated.

"It's checked suit for men and a gown for women."

I paused and breathed deeply.

"Tomorrow is a Sunday. Is there any time free for me to go and buy the damn coat?" I asked tightly.

"I can-"

"I don't want to look like a joker."

Her mouth set into a tight line. I knew she felt insulted and that made me satisfied. Rude as it might sound, she didn't know how to handle such things.

"I'll tell you." She said, breaking the long run of silence until we reached my meeting.
_______________________________________
Hey so this is my second chapter. I will update as soon as possible which might be tomorrow, in that case.
Keep Reading!
Thanks a lot :)
Loves,
Me
XOXO