Chapter 40 DO YOU?

Cassy's POV
"Oh my God, Cassy. I cannot believe this... You are actually, for real, definitely getting married." Emily squealed into my ears. "Jacob is so lucky."

I rolled my eyes at her. Her new boyfriend, Jacob, had never been to a wedding. Go figure. Even I had been to some.

"And, once again, thank you so much for making me the Maid of Honour. It has been a total pleasure. I mean, you're getting married." Emily was more delighted at this than anyone else.

I wasn't looking forward to the marriage, I was more looking forward to my life after that.

"Where is that damn brooch..." Emily muttered under her breath and started pulling everything apart.

"Em?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

"Yeah?" She threw a pillow at the mirror.

"I won't... I won't ruin it, right? Am I definitely doing the right thing?"

She paused and looked at me seriously. "Did you ruin it the past year?"

"No..." I answered.

"You both are perfect, Cassy. You are just... Perfect. We all look at you and we feel the love, you know? If there are people who you are meant to be with, then I can't think of anyone more meant for each other than you are. People rarely have it. I haven't seen it with anyone." She smiled at me and came forward to hug me.

Taking care of my wedding dress, I hugged her. "I have seen that kind of love." I whispered. "Not just me and Rumes. Someone had it too."

She froze. I could literally hear it go in her hand. Please, no.

Ignoring my comment, she smiled and put a strand of hair back at it's place, but her eyes were screaming.

"You are going to walking the aisle with him." A cringe appeared on my face, ready for an anguished scream to bang into my ears. But all I heard was a small, pained- "What?"

"I...we didn't arrange it." It sounded so weird. "Natalie coupled the bridesmaids and groomsmen together. Absolutely not my fault."

Her eyes were wide, she could have breathed fire. "Rumes and him aren't even that close! So tell me, how did this happen?"

Caught. "Rumes... Rumes did it as a good gesture for me."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She tooks several deep breaths, her hand on her heart. "I am not going to destroy your special day. But... Nevermind. It's okay. It's absolutely okay. My best friend is getting married and she looks amazing. Everything is fine."

I hid a smile. I know this was probably the wrong way, but it was the only one.

"Is it necessary to use the twilight song, though?" She asked.

"It is not the 'Twilight song'. That song has it's own identity, and it is a beautiful song. Pardon me if I didn't want to walk the aisle with the Beatles as my background." Rolling my eyes, I looked over myself in the mirror.

"Hey! The beatles are super-cool and super-awesome. Nothing by anyone is ever gonna beat their songs." She noticed me looking at myself. Smiling, she came to me and put her arms carefully around my shoulders. "You look beautiful, absolutely breathtaking."

I wouldn't go as far as to say that. But, holy shit, Emily had done a wonderful job. I didn't look anything like myself.

"Thanks." I whispered to her. It wasn't only for today, it was for all the days that had passed and all the days that would come.