Chapter 33 KNOW ME NOW

Cassy's POV
"You will be there, right?" Rumes asked. I was thinking how sweet it was of him to ask me nicely (for him) when he added, "Or I will have to come, you know."
"Oh, please. Get out." I turned to go, but he held my hand. His eyes held a mischievous glint. "You don't know me, Cassy."
And, then and there, I wanted to kiss the hell out of him.
"Try me, babe."
"You are travelling over dangerous waters here."
I just smirked and went inside my home, which is exactly when I realized that I had done it again.
I had no control over myself when I was with him. I didn't want to do any of this without telling him the truth first, and yet somehow, everytime it ended up like this. Me coming home breathless and excited only to be reminded and filled with remorse and guilt.

The next day, there were laughs and chats, talks and gossip, flirting and letting go- just in time before you could realize you were head over heels in love with someone.
"So, what are you wearing to the ball?"
"Oh, it's a violet gown I have, it's my mum's. My Aunt gave it to me... it's not very fancy but I haven't had an opportunity to wear it. I hope that's okay." I asked, wary. I was talking to the owner of a big company, and as his date, I would be judged and criticized, and him along with me.
"You think I care, Cassy?" His deep blue eyes looked into mine. "The paparazzi are what they'll always be. You don't have to worry about them. If you want, I won't let any come in."
"What?! No. It's totally fine. I just wanted to ask if it's fine with you."
He rolled his eyes. It was fine with him, of course it was. And that was how the day went, finer than ever.

The day before the ball, the day before the big day, everything happened. Everything changed.
I got a message from Emily, asking me if I had told Rumes or not. And, I was afraid. I was afraid of what could happen, not what had happened.
Sometimes, you are ready to face whatever life holds for you, but not the people you love.
Your secrets, your hidden, deep wounds, they become something just beneath the surface, hidden but eating you raw.
I had to tell him. But, how?
My fingers dialled his number of his own accord, I would ask him to meet me, there was something important to tell him. But just as they had dialled his number, they ended the call.
And the next thing I knew, I was calling Emily.
She picked up on the second ring, "Cassy?"
"Hi."
"Did you tell him, yet?" She asked, to the point, not being someone to play around.
"I-I....no."
"You gotta tell him! What the hell are you doing? You can't play with my brother like that!" She was angry and I could understand why. But the fact that she didn't understand my dilemma was more than a little uncomfortable.
"I want to, Emily! What do you think? Tell me, what should I tell him? Remember that girl you used to love? That's me. It's me who broke your heart. It's me who made your life hell. And I couldn't even breathe after that. That, I am so so sorry, that sometimes I hate myself to the point of wanting to kill myself?" I was nearly sobbing by now, and I hated every minute. I wasn't the one to cry, but sometimes, tears will form when you least expect them to, from emotions that just become too much. And, right now, everything was too much. "What can I say? Where should I start?"
"Maybe start with the fact that you were Andrea. And he was Jay." She murmured in a low voice. "Start with the beginning Cassy. Start where it all started. Start where you fell and end where it all tied together. And for how? Write him a letter. Hand it to him in person. He will... At least, try to understand."
I didn't say anything.
"I have to go Cassy, I will talk to you later. And, hopefully, you would have done the right thing by then."
She cut the call, and my tears dropping, I looked at my phone. And, I saw something that made my heart thump fast and my head to start feeling dizzy.  Seconds ticked by and all I could see was Rumes name continuously flashing on the screen.
He had been on the line for the last ten minutes.
He had heard everything.
_______________________________________
Please don't forget to comment, vote, share and follow.
K R Y S T L E