Chapter 38 THE BEGINNING

Rumes' POV
As I turned around the street, I noticed Cassy sitting on her window sill, she was not even moving- and I hoped that she was sleeping.

I didn't know what I was doing, not unlike her at all, but I knew we had mutually reached a decision-not do anything stupid, not anymore.

She noticed my car coming, but probably didn't recognize it as mine. As I parked, I tried thinking of something I should say- blank- I came up with nothing. My mind was whirring but with no results. Like a rusted machine.

My knuckles were white as I knocked the door, a stack of journals in my hand. I had to knock several times over, but I couldn't call out to anybody.

Finally, light spilled through the door as it cracked open. I looked up to see Cassy looking at me with legitimate shock in her eyes. She looked behind me, her eyes darting everywhere.

"It's just me." I told her, looking into her eyes. This, more than anything was the deciding moment.

Her eyes spotted the journals in my hand, and suddenly her expression changed. I don't think she has ever looked this sad.

"Oh, you have come to return these. Thanks."

Handing them over to her, I said, "Yeah." She took them from me, not even noticing the streak of tears down her cheek. I took a step back, another, and then another- waiting all the time.

The moment I thought I was going to lose it again, when I felt it slipping through my hands, she called my name. "Rumes?"

Halting, I looked back.

She looked at her journals. "I owe you one, when I am saying this to you, when you are here, don't I?"

The crushing pain I was feeling, probably seeped through my eyes. I just looked at her.

She had finally taken notice of her tears. She rubbed her palm on her cheeks, smearing a bit of make up. She looked too gorgeous for words. "I do. Would you...",she paused taking a deep breath, "you would listen to me, right?" She finally met my gaze. A thousand questions were drowning in them, mirroring exactly what I was feeling.

Taking her hand, I pulled her to me. "Would you say it to me?" I was not touching her, and she shivered.

She took one of my hand, and held on to it. Her voice was tinged with desperation. "I love you, Rumes. I love you from the bottom of my heart. I love you for who you are, for who you were. Please, I need you to understand. I love-"

Cassy's POV
"I love-"

His lips enveloped mine, blood rushed through me, and the sweetest rawest feeling I have ever known took control of me.

We were standing on the porch and he took me to the edge of the woodland, where there were no lights. Normally, I would have been afraid. But I had never felt safer.

He let go of my lips, and we were both panting. He held me, his chin resting on my head, and I pressed against him tightly.

"I never realized this, maybe because I was so blind. But, I love you too Cassy. Cassandra Anderson, I love you too." He whispered into my ears.

And it felt like home.

***
We stood there for what felt like ages. Without even knowing how, we somehow ended up in my room. Doing well... What people usually do to make up.

But before it could get tok far, he stopped. "I normally don't ask this," he looked at me, "but are you sure?"

The lights were turned off and the only thing I could make out was from the moonlight.

"Us or this?"

"I wouldn't want this if there was no us."

"How sure are you?"

"Cassy, you can talk to me if you want, whenever you want. About anything." He sighed.

I looked outside, contemplating what to say. "Well you know what happened then. I can only tell you what's happening now."

"I died." He told me.

"Funny, I did too. Guess we are just two dead people wanting a shot at life." I was not even kidding. Rumes made me feel lore alive than I ever had. "Well, basically. I was walling and there were..." My voice faltered and he held me close to him. He was right, we needed to talk about this. And talk we did.

He didn't speak even once throughout the whole thing. But I could feel the tension building in his muscles the more I said.

We had been sitting in silence long after I had finished, I was waiting for him to say something. Anything. But it came out as a breath, "I am sorry."

"I am sorry too."

It was a new beginning.
____________________________________
3 chapters to go! Oh I am going to miss them.
Please vote, comment, share and follow!! It helps out a lot.
K R Y S T L E