"So... I was talking to David about you." I slump back on the couch. She was taking too much time. And I'm not exactly patient these days. Snapping on my guest would be the ultimate sin for me.

"Zara..." She chided, scowling at me.

"Please, continue." I sighed closing my eyes, already feeling jaded.

"Gian..." My eyes shot open, I sat up straight my back stiff as a steel rod.

"What about him.?" I say sternly, my anger simmering up.

"Look your name come up when we were talking-"

"Why the hell were you talking about me? Just go back to your normal selfish self and focus on what you want, alright." I started to push on my feet to stand up, but she placed her hand on my lap making me sit down again.

"I am so sorry, Zara. You have to trust me. I didn't tell anyone about your relationship with him. I was talking, your and Gian's name came up and he told me things about him." She said gently, looking at me in the eyes.

I gently pry her hands from my lap and shifted back into the couch tucking my legs beneath my body.

"We were friends and now we are busy in our lives. That's all and next time, just don't bring up my name during your pillow talk." I say in a clipped tone, hoping she storms out but instead, she slouched back on the couch. I grabbed a cushion, hugging it to my chest defensively, watching her with narrow eyes.

"David told me about the alleged ties the Armani family has with the mob. They are involved in illegal activities. There is no solid proof but-"

"Then you shouldn't name shame a respectful family, over some careless rumour with your partner after dinner." I say snidely taking a glass of water I have brought for us and gulping it down, along with some of my anger.

"The way you are reacting, Zara. I feel that you already know what he does apart from the real estate, restaurant, and clubs he owns."

"And what does David do, huh... Are you sure his hands are clean.?" I snap back at her. She closed her eyes taking deep inhales. I smirked, I have hit the mark. She will snap at me and leave.

"He is an architect. He works at his father's company. It's old money and I am just..." I avert my gaze from her looking at the blank TV screen blatantly ignoring her. I heard her draw another deep breath before she spoke again.

"Okay, Zara. I get it. But you must know one thing. If Gian forced himself on you, then David's family will help you out. They are also influential and they know people-"

My head snapped so quick, it gave me whiplash. My eye stung painfully, and tears gathered in my eyes. My mouth opened and closed but only air came out. I was mortified to even form a single word out of my mouth. 

Helen flinched back and clutched her chest. A hoarse cry escaped from her mouth.

"Oh my God, Zara. Not you." 

"No..." I meant to scream, but it turned out to be a broken whisper.

"I am so sorry." She leaned in, hugging me with pure sympathy. Her body shook vehemently as she sobbed.

I grab her hand to pull her back from me. Clearing my throat, I wipe my tears with trembling hands. "Gian didn't do that, okay. He didn't hurt me like that." I cry, cupping my face with my hands crying.

"You don't have to be afraid, Zara." She sniffled, shaking my shoulder.

"I am not afraid of him." I finally shout, my limbs trembled in agony.