Chapter 17: The Beginning Of The End

"I'm not kidding!" Jensen waved the documents in Gen's and Jared's faces, a wide grin on his face. Misha didn't need any incentive; he was chuckling to himself lightly, shaking his head at the Padalecki's expressions. Gale sat next to Jensen, her smile equally as wide.

Jared snatched the papers out of Jensen's hand and examined it carefully, as if scrutinizing it for mistakes. Meanwhile, Jensen's face played host to a pretend frown.

"Aw, come'on guys! I wouldn't lie about this!" He pouted at Gen, who looked profoundly dumbstruck. Nothing came out of her mouth, just the shock that was displayed clearly in her eyes. Jared lowered the paper from his face, revealing his goofy grin and twinkling eyes. Jensen and Jared started at each other for a moment; but before Gale and Gen knew it, they were both laughing uproariously whilst Jared clapped Jensen's shoulder.

"I knew you would find something!" Jared hooted, his face exceedingly jolly. Misha who was silent throughout this whole exchange, suddenly placed a hand on Jensen's leg in a affectionate gesture: Misha's stare was becoming painfully amusing and Gen simply rolled her eyes, as if she had seen this before. Jensen placed his hand over Misha's and held it, his gaze playful. Gale -a little bemused- scoffed: "Get a room." She muttered under her breath, her expression turning into a scowl. The room exploded: Misha, Jensen and Jared roared with laughter, Jensen doubled over, clutching his stomach as if his insides were falling out. At a stark contrast to their rowdy behaviour, Genevieve simply placed a hand on Jensen's arm, silencing him in an instant. She looking genuinely pleased. "I'm very happy for you, Jensen." She smiled softly, her words ever gentle and kind. The world around him blurred; the sheer gentleness and wisdom about her mesmerised him. He wished he'd carried her traits: Genevieve was truly a remarkable woman. He squeezed her hand briefly, smiling at her tenderly. Hearing the echos of laughter around him brought him back into the present: Gale was now practically breathing fire, her angry glare turned on Misha. "I really don't care for your pathetic penchant for men," Jared let out a big rush of air, of which he seemed to have kept in; He was desperately trying to rub of the grin that was wide on his face. "Just don't direct your filthy mind onto me." Misha stood up, with all the confidence of a lion: he was smirking violently, his mouth twitching with amusement whilst his eyes twinkled with mischief. "I won't need to direct my mind, I'll just direct my-" Jensen could practically see the steam come out of Gale's ears.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" Gale shouted, shooting up and pointing at him insolently in the chest. "TAKE YOUR MANHOOD," she scoffed pathetically, "AND SHOVE IT WHERE IS WONT BE A DISGRACE TO MANKIND!" Gale screeched, glaring at Misha, her laser eyes searing holes into him. Misha joined Jared, however he laughed louder, his head thrown back. When she regained her dignity, she sat back down, her face flushed with anger and embarrassment. Seeing her chance to insult him a little more, she added: "It would be quite a hunt searching for those, Mr Collin." Everyone guffawed around her, even Gen, her tinkling laugh at a stark contrast to their masculine laughs. Gale, still furious at the world, turned her glare on them all, her chest heaving.

"Im glad your all getting a laugh out of this!" Gale turned to Jensen, in hope that he would side with her, but she only found him laughing: he waved at her apologetically, as no words were capable of being spoken. Scowling with fierce force, she smacked Jensen's shoulder.

"Your supposed to be with me on this!" She said sulkily, sighing angrily. Jensen slid his hands around her waist, pulling her closer and kissed her shoulder. "I'm sorry," He murmured into her hair, humour still touching his voice.

"Let go of me." She pushed against him weakly, resisting his touch.

"Absolutely not." He said firmly, whilst nuzzling her hair. Giving up, she simply leaned against him, her head resting on his shoulder. Her gaze landed upon the papers that lay across the sofa. An instant question occurred to her: where do we go from here?