Chapter 15: Countdown

Gale woke up the next day, curled up in Jensen's arms. Seeing his face and finally accepting him, felt better than anything. Her heart expanded in her chest the longer she stared at him, her smile widening. She had her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat harmonious with hers. His arm was curled around her, capturing her in his arms like she could never leave. Listening to his soft breathing, reassured her it was real; she couldn't quite believe that she'd managed to fall for a man like Jensen. More importantly, she couldn't believe he had fallen for her. However coming back to reality, she hadn't known she had slept in her bridesmaid dress. Jensen had taken his jacket off, and thrown it over a chair where it hung haphazourdasly. Knowing she needed to get up, even when she didn't want to, she kissed his arm gently before caressing his face. Inhaling his nearness, she sat up, rubbing her eyes tiredly. She slipped out of Jensen's embrace reluctantly, and tip toed to the dressing table opposite the bed. Not wanting to wake Jensen up, she quickly grabbed some clothes from her suitcase, and walked to bathroom. She slipped into her clothes, sighing softly, thankful she was out of the dress. A tshirt and jeans were her normal outfit. She padded back to her bedroom, sitting in front of the dressing table. Jensen suddenly stirred causing her whip around to see if she had woken him, but thankfully he was now back oh his side, breathing gently. She turned to the mirror, pulling a band out to tie up her hair. After her hair was tied up, she took a wipe and cleansed her face of all the make up. Satisfied that she had finished, she cleared everything up. She walked to the bathroom again washing her hands, looking up at the mirror as she did. She felt happy; she hadn't felt like this in years. Gale was elated, finally accepting Jensen's love. A small smile fluttered across her face as she thought about Jensen. Taking a towel in her hands she walked back into the bedroom, only to see Jensen sitting up.

"Hey." He smiled at her softly, stretching his arms about.

"Hey, Jensen." She smiled happily, before turning around to clear up the mess. Reaching down to pick up a few things, she winced slightly from the bruise induced by the blow. Instantly, Jensen was by her side, helping her up.

"Are you okay?" Blushing fiercely and furious at herself for letting herself look like a damsel in distress, she straightened up, carrying on her cleaning as if nothing happened. "Mhm," she threw a dazzling smile over her shoulder. Suddenly, Jensen's arms snaked around her waist from behind, pulling her into him. His head was in her hair, the smell of cherry blossoms intoxicating him.

"Jensen, let go!" She slapped at his hands, but his hold on her never wavered. Giving up and turning around to face him, she stared into his eyes.

"Look, I need to clean up." She was smiling perfectly, her arms giving up and winding around his neck.

"You can clean later, " Jensen lowered his head so that his lips were inches from hers, "but for now, your mine." Gale's heart was racing, sparks lighting up on her body causing jolts to course through her. Their breathing mingled, but unable to resist any longer, Jensen captured her lips in a kiss; it was so gentle and soft, she moaned softly, her hands finding refuge in his hair. She moulded herself into him as if she fit into him perfectly. Passionately moving against each other, they both groaned at the love that strengthened between them. Their kiss sent dizzying sensations through him, but before he knew it, Gale had pulled back, smiling gently. "Can I clean now?" Jensen still dazed, she slipped out of his grasp, turning to the table behind her. She gathered all her belongings and dumped them into her suitcase, however she kept glancing in the mirror only to see Jensen stood there smirking. After a while of him doing that, she sighed exasperatedly and whipped around.

"What?" She snapped, a smile touching her lips.

"Oh, I'm just waiting for you to clean up." He threw her a dazzling smile, folding his arms across his chest, his stance confidant. Gale scoffed before she walked to the bed. "Your not getting another kiss from me." She picked up her clothes and started folding them neatly, bringing her suitcase near so she could place them in there. However, an uninterested Jensen walked over to her, leaning over her shoulder. "Oh really?" His voice was dripping with humour; she could practically see the cheeky smile on his face. "What have you done to earn one?" She continued folding her clothes, but was becoming painfully aware of his position. He was silent but she didn't think that had shut him up; he was just conjuring something up in that annoying head of his. Before she knew it, his hand snaked around hers, lacing his fingers through hers, and brought their hands up to his heart. She still had her back to him, but at the feel of his rapid heart beat, she closed her eyes to the sensation. She turned around slowly, to face him. He was staring at her with serious eyes, but Gale's eyes were still on their entwined hands.