Chapter 4: A Different Man

4 years ago:

"Rot in hell, you son of a bitch."

Jensen snapped the enemies neck and laid him down slowly. His calculating eyes surveyed the empty floor of this damp, disgusting building. He was making his way down to the ground, in order to find the ring's leader, but as he thought and expected, every floor would be packed heavily with guards. He had just gone through three on the same floor, and it was getting increasingly difficult to go unnoticed. He walked slowly across the ground to the ladder which led him go the second to last floor, just to see a guard crawling it's way up the ladder. He sighed exasperatedly as he brought his heavily booted foot crashing down on his face, but caught him quickly and covered his mouth. Jensen stealthily laid down across the floor to take a better view of the second floor as he knew it would be hard to take down them at once without the rest raining hell on him.

"You gotta be shittin' me..." He glanced at all the guards that stood there below; some of which who donned bad-ass artillery.

"This is gonna be a bitch." He concocted a plan in his head, running through it over, and over. He pulled out a grenade that was attached to his belt and with great confidence threw it down below and quickly, rolled over to save himself from the impact.

"What the fu-"

"SON OF A BI-"

He got up on his legs, confidence in his stance, and jumped down the ladder landing on the second floor, carefully on both his feet. He surveyed the room: 3 down. In a flash, he was in a crouch avoiding the shower of the bullets aimed towards him. He took a quick glance at the guards that were down, and found a bat in one of their hands. He ran to him with unnatural speed, and once he had gotten the bat, he smirked. Knowing one was behind him, he swung the bat around the enemies head causing him to drop to the ground, yet Jensen was bent backwards; he had just narrowly missed a hit around the head.

"Run, boys. You don't wanna get hurt." A smile flickered across his handsome face, the bat in his hand ready. They had surrounded him, and there were many, but for Jensen, this was nothing. The first very brave man threw a idiotic punch towards him, however Jensen simply grabbed his arm, twisted him around so that his back was against Jensen's chest, and sent him flying across the room. Seeing his chance to disarm them quickly while they were distracted by the flying missile, Jensen's leg knocked another man's legs out under him, causing him to lose his balance and fall to the ground with a heavy thud.

"I told you to run." Jensen's laughed, the twinkle of mischief in his eyes. There were two left, and they both attacked him with ferocity. However, Jensen was better than them. A left jab blocked, a right kick evaded, a punch to his face averted... They were no match for him. He pulled out his gun from the back of his belt, and shot at both their legs with deadly precision. His chest heaved, finally. He glanced at all the bodies sprawled out on the floor around him. He brushed passed them, focused on the mission set for him as he made his way to the last floor.