Chapter 3: I'll always be there for you

Jensen was sitting quietly their room, and what seemed to look like was talking on the phone. Gale was in the doorway, and was stopped when she heard him talking. He had become increasingly mysterious over the past few weeks that she had known him. He would randomly during a conversation, fall into his own deep thoughts and stop talking.

"Yeah, Jared, but-"

There was a short silence in which she waited anxiously. She it was rude to eavesdrop, but she simply couldn't help herself.

"She's differ- no- Listen! It was selfish of me to come here. What with my past, and the risk of her getting hur-"

She was gob smacked. Was he talking about her? No, that couldn't be it. And what was he talking about his past? She shuffled around nervously, before taking a deep breath and walking in. Jensen abruptly stopped talking for a moment, and quickly said goodbye before snapping his phone shut.

"Hey. Who was that you were talking to?" Gale sat down opposite him and rested her eyes on his face. He settled into a relaxed laying position while he let out a deep sigh and looked back at her.

"His name's Jared. He's a friend from back home." He said simply, as he gazed into Gale's eyes.

"Oh. Sorry for being nosy." Her eyes fell to the floor in shame as she twiddled her thumbs.

"Don't worry about it. Actually, I'll be staying at Jared's house, just outside of Chicago seeing as we have the holidays soon. Your most welcome to come with me, in fact, I would like you to." He threw a perfect smile at he sat up. She shook her head, as her hair fell about her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry, I can't-" She started but was interrupted by Jensen who was smirking violently, and rested his hand on top of hers, which made her blush fiercely. She didn't move her hand however, and she was scarily surprised by it.

"Nope. Now I've decided, your coming with me-"

"I can't Jensen! I've got too much work to do, and if don't have anytime to go out anywhere."

"I'm not listening!" He covered his ears with his tanned hands which blocked out Gale's loud protests. After a few minutes, Gale simply gave up and Jensen finally let go. They both started chuckling, until Jensen got up and walked to the other side of the room. He rested his lean frame against the wall and folded his arms, whilst piercing her with her playful stare. She shook her head lightly until she sighed defeatedly.

"Fine, fine. I'll go, but only for a BIT," She said firmly, her gaze resting on Jensen's delightful face. A smile blossomed and his eyes glistened sweetly. Her heart did a somersault, as a slight smile appeared too. Why does he always seem to persuade me? The thought wired through her head. She lazily got up and dawdled to her dressing table and sat down. She looked at herself and inevitably her eyes landed on her scar. She'd forgotten Jensen was even there, until the seemingly awkward question presented itself.

"What happened?" He whispered, loud enough for her to hear. She closed her eyes and a flash of pain and torture shot through her mind causing her to wince; enough to make Jensen even more curious.

"A few years ago," She started off slowly and hesitantly, unsure if she could tell him without succumbing to paralasis, "I was in a a-abusive relationship.. I couldn't find myself to let go of him. So he put me through endless pain until I couldn't take it anymore and so I told the police." Her hand fluttered against her scar as a million pictures shot through her head. "That's why I couldn't defend myself against that guy... Cause I got p-paralysed with the reminders of the past." She hesitantly opened her eyes to see Jensen sitting quietly on the bed, listening attentively.

"I'm sorry to have brought it up."he came to stand next to her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"You'll never have to be afraid of me, and I promise you, that anything like that will never happen to you again." He voice was so full of meaning and emotion, she turned around to see a meaningful expression on his face and they simply gazed at each other for timeless moments. She slowly got up and pulled him into a hug; he accepted with caring hands as they ran through her hair.

"Thanks for being there for me.." She whispered but Jensen's answer was silence but his firm but kind expression was all she needed. She pulled back and gave him a weak smile as she left the room. A flash of his past shot through his mind. He thought he would never love again, never love another woman, but she was worth it.

"I'll always be there for you Gale, whatever the cost."