Chapter Twenty Five - Visions

Caleb and Max collected two oddly painted teal chairs from the dining table, which was a 70s styled inspired circle table. Temperance ordered them to place the chairs in the middle of the room in front of each other. Nora took a seat in one, and Temperance in the other. Temperance ordered the boys to keep distance and not invade whatever it was she was going to do.

“I want you to relax your mind. This may sting a little, but I need a visual of your visions for myself to see.” Temperance told, adjusting herself in the chair, readying.

“I… I don’t remember too much.” Nora told, staring at the wooden floor as she tried to gather bits of memory.

“I must see what you have seen.” Temperance took her hands into her lap. “Focus and relax your mind.”

Caleb and Max watched from the blue couch, eager to see what was going to happen.

Nora closed her eyes in a tranquil way as though she were meditating. Temperance repeated her words as she gathered memory. “Focus and relax your mind. Focus and relax your mind. Focus and relax your mind…”

Temperance closed her eyes just as she had, repeating the sentence over and over again as she held onto Nora’s wrists.

“What if this doesn’t work?” Max whispered over his shoulder.

“It will, what other option do we have?” Caleb whispered back.

Max wondered. Not if Temperance would be able to see her vision, but the subtle hint Temperance had dropped before about possibly knowing about his Dhampirism. The only reason Max hadn’t revealed himself to Caleb was Corrine; she would never forgive Max for throwing around his ancient blood as though it were bragging rights.

Caleb watched, noticing Temperance’s phrase had changed into whispered words he couldn’t understand. They were a different language, and figuring out what she was saying was out of the question. Nora’s body began to stiffen a bit.

Temperance gasped.

“What?” Caleb spoke curiously, stepping lightly towards the meditating girls. Max was hesitant, but followed Caleb to the scene.

“I see it. I see her vision.” Temperance smiled behind closed eyes. “Its black and red. Everything is black and red.”

“Do you see those trees?” Nora questioned as though they were seeing the same thing, though their eyes were closed.

“Yes, I do see the trees.” She answered.

“Do you see the bodies?” Nora spoke. Temperance did not answer. It was quiet, which worried Caleb somewhat.

Nora’s face became worried. Her eyebrows pulled together as though she were experiencing something quite unpleasant.

“I… I don’t want to do this anymore.” She spoke erratically behind her eyes.

Temperance tightened her grip on her wrists. “I must see. Don’t give up now.”

“No, no I don’t want to see! Let me go!” Nora fought to open her eyes, but it was no use. She struggled to escape her grip, but Temperance kept her within her hands.

“Let go-“ Caleb knelt by the chairs as he tried to aid his friend.

“Get off!” Temperance demanded, shoving Caleb to the ground with her shoulder.

“It’s here! Behind those trees! It’s here! I can see its teeth! Let me go!” Nora screamed throughout the loft. Temperance loosened her grip, letting go of Nora who had been petrified. As she let go, both inhaled in sync as though they both surfaced water. Nora stood from the chair, a bit uneasy and unsteady. Caleb took Nora by her shoulder, guiding her to the couch where she tried catching her breath.