Chapter Thirteen - Twelve Hours

Corrine sipped a divine red glassed wine at the kitchen island, watching as Albert, who had no interest in phoning in a prostitute to the Finch home, paced in the foyer requesting a whore to the home. Corrine could have done it herself, but if something were to happen it would fall onto Albert instead of herself, which was typical Finch fashion.

She watched as Albert hung up the house phone, clicking it to silence as he shuffled towards the kitchen where Corrine waited patiently.

“I did as requested, Ma’am.” Albert bowed his head to her as though she were some sort of queen.

“What time will it arrive?” She swirled her glass.

“Soon, Ma’am.” Albert didn’t quite know the answer, though figured he would give one to please her.

She requested Albert stay watch at the front door, waiting for the whore to arrive. Corrine sat lonely in the living space, though didn’t feel as such. She had been craving for the first time since she herself had been Max’s age, and could remember the enticing intensity growing within her. Corrine’s mother, a woman who Corrine had strictly built her life around the approval of, didn’t treat Corrine the same as Corrine treated Max. Corrine’s mother was a woman of complete gluttony and greed that opted to murder Corrine’s sister to keep herself youthful and fed. Corrine had no other option but to abandon her weakened mother, who still to this day has not been contacted since some seventy years ago.

Corrine was born on the most frigid November day in 1905. Her mother married a human who Corrine’s mother had wooed the heart of to create the next generation of Dhampirs to strengthen the soon to be extinct breed. Corrine wasn’t guided during her transition to Dhampir as she was a just a seventeen girl old girl, just as Max was. Corrine’s mother chose to let her daughters find out who and what they were, whether the cost was great or small.

The death of Corrine’s younger sister lead her fleeing from her home in London where she moved to America, meeting Vincent some thirty years later. Vincent was a man of power and wealth, which sparked much interest in Corrine. She was keen on having a Dhampir child with Vincent, who hadn’t quite felt the same parenthood will.

The doorbell rang while Corrine sat in thought. Albert touched the doorknob, greeting a guest into the home. Corrine reached her feet, patting her dress to address the front door.

“Wow, this is the nicest house I’ve ever seen.” The prostitute, who wore a small leather pair of jeans paired with a furry, pink gaudy coat that made Corrine revolt. She wore plastic transparent heels that showed off her horribly pedicured toes. She held a bag around her shoulder, holding it as she smacked on her bubble gum, gazing at the high ceilings of the grand foyer.

“Is this a three some? I brought a bag of toys since I was gonna’ be here a while.” She spoke as she met eyes with Corrine. The whore’s eyes were lined with awful blue eyeliner that made her hazel irises stand out. She patted the bag in her hand, gesturing towards what the girl thought was a good idea.

“Albert, I’ll show her the bedroom.” Corrine gestured a shooing hand to Albert, making him start to the kitchen.

“Are you a lesbian? I mean, I’m down for anything. That old dude said he’s got twelve hours on me. That’s the longest I’ve ever been paid.” The girl chewed her gum as she followed Corrine up the staircase. Corrine kept her lips closed, trying not to rip the girl’s annoying tongue from her mouth.

Corrine met the end of the hallway, where there seemed to be an entryway to the attic opened. The girl narrowed her brows, muting her gum chewing.

Corrine looked over at the short and slutty girl with readied eyes.