Chapter 15 "Blood Covered Battlefield"

“By the time I got to the Gates of Fairy World. I could hear the cries of people and even feel the heat from fire that was blazing on the other side. I took my necklace and opened the gate. Once inside I closed and locked it behind me. I headed toward the screams. As I ran, people were running past me in a hurry to get away from the danger that was coming their way. I was heading toward it, cause I know that is where I would find Shy and Kiba. And I was right. I spotted them fighting the Dark Lord Ivisodu by themselves. I looked around for something I could use as a weapon, all I founds was a bow and a few arrows. I wasn’t that great of a shot with them, but they would have to do. I picked them up and headed for a high place that I could get a clear shot from. I settled on a tree that had a branch hanging out over a river. I climbed up it and steadied myself on the branch, took aim, and shot my first arrow at the Dark Lord. It hit him in the shoulder, causing him to move back away from Shy and Kiba. Good thing too, he was about to cut Kiba with a double sided sword. From what I could see the dark lord was looking around to see if he could spot where the arrow came from. I hide behind a low hanging branch and took aim again. Only this time he caught the arrow and was looking right at me. Though he wasn’t the only one. Shy and Kiba were wide eyed at seeing me, but they both knew that they could scold me later, right now we had a war to win.” What are you two doing! Don’t just sit there, get up, and let’s take this guy down!!

Runa you are in so much trouble when this is all over.

Scold me later Shy. And help Kiba hold that so called dark lord still!! While I ready another shot.

“Shy and Kiba both launched themselves at the dark lord who fought them off easy, even with at wounded shoulder. He was making his way toward the tree that I was in. I moved farther out onto the branch, out of his reach and took aim at his heart. Only he stopped fighting off Shy and Kiba and started to hack at the branch that I was on. He kept his heart and head covered so I couldn’t get a clear shot. That was the least of my problems. Cause his sword cut through the branch will only a few hits and I fell into the river. If that wasn’t bad enough he was coming at with the look to kill in his eyes. I swam for the other side of the river and was pulled out by one of the dark lords generals. He held a knife to my neck and didn’t let go of my hair.”

Put down your weapons and serenader, both of you, or I kill the girl right here and now.

“He said that with as much icy tone as he could put into his voice and his eyes even if I couldn’t see them, I could still tell that they were like diggers driving into Shy and Kiba both. I took a deep breath and shifted my weight forward. The general was caught off guard and we both fell into the river. Only he didn’t come back up to the surface as I did. And who would happen to pull me out of the water, but the dark lord himself. He held me by the arm and stared at me. Kiba and Shy were ready to attack when the dark lord did something unexpected. He let go of me and looked me over, and I mean really looked me over for the first time. Almost as if he was noticing something that he hadn’t noticed before.”

Now that I get a good look at you. You remind me of someone I used to know.

“He kept his eyes locked on me, while Shy and Kiba came up on both sides of him. He didn’t even seem to notice them, that is until the struck out at him. He didn’t even flinch, just turned around, grabbed both of them, and through them into the tree that I was in. I got wide eyed for a moment. Then snapped myself out of it. I wanted to attack him, but instead I thought it best to go and see if Shy and Kiba were alright, then go from there. Unfortunately the dark lord turned just as I was moving past him. I didn’t even see when he had picked up his sword again, but I felt it when he stabbed me in the heart with it. For a moment his eyes were hostile, but after he realized what he had just done. The anger and hatred in his eyes faded away. Leave shock and sorrow in their place. He caught me and pulled his sword out. And for a brief moment, he shed a tear. One that I found myself wiping away from his face. And for once I understood why. Why he was wanting to destroy Fairy World, cause Fairy World had destroyed him and the love he had for another. I smiled as I spoke to him and him alone.” For....forgive.....forgive those.....that hurt.....you.....and go.....go....Shar. “His eyes got wide at the sound of his real name.” Go....get....our lover. She....still...waits for.....for you. “Those were the last words I spoke before my world went black. I couldn’t hear anything or see anything. Just this darkness that was around me and I welcomed it with the understanding of what had happened.”

Runa!!!

She can’t be. She can’t be gone.

“Kiba and I both watched at the dark lord laid Runa’s body down gently and pulled at black cloak over her. He then turned around and looked at us. We could see that he had no more fight left in him. Not after killing Runa and neither Kiba or I could figure out why, or what Runa had mean when she spoke her last words to the dark lord. Then something happened that we didn’t expected to happen. Runa’s grandmother was here in Fairy World and her eyes were on the dark lord. She walked up to him and then kneaded down beside her granddaughter. She took off a necklace that matched the one I had given Runa years ago. She placed it on the cloak that covered Runa’s body. Then she got up and looked the dark lord in the eyes and spoke.”

It’s been a long time Shar. I haven’t forgotten you or what this place did to us that made us both turn away from it, but my granddaughter is right. I’m still waiting for you. I’ve always been waiting for you.

Holly our granddaughter... I...

“Runa’s grandmother held up her hand and spoke softly to the dark lord.”

My granddaughter will be fine. She is still alive and there is still time to save her, but that is up to Shy and Kiba, not you or I. We have played our parts in this world. Now it is their turn to play the rule that was given to them. While Shy and Kiba take care of Runa hana. You and I need to have a little chat, my love.

“The words “my love” had caught me, Kiba, and a few others off guard, but we didn’t try to stop them. Kiba and I ran to Runa’s side and sure enough she was still breathing. My father came forward. He bent down beside us and looked Runa over.”