Chapter 14 "Moon's Rescue"

*Kiba lightly touched Shy. He looked up at Kiba and nodded. As he got up he noticed that he and Kiba were the only ones in the room.* Where is everyone?

They left to set the traps a little while ago. Come on, we have to get going as well, if we want to save Runa and get you guys out of here.

Right. Let’s go then.

*Kiba lead Shy back to the wall that they had come through. He opened the wall and the two of them slipped into the secret passage, with Kiba guiding them through the long paths, twisted turns, and endless staircases. They only stopped when someone slammed into the wall after a few moments they would move on. They did this till they got to a dead end or that’s how it looked. Once Kiba pulled on a lever that was just a few inches above his head, the wall opened. As Shy and Kiba stepped on they saw to their right was locked door and to their left was a staircase that lead up to the tower that Runa was in. Kiba nudged Shy and started up the stairs slowly, but at a steady pace. Shy followed in the same way. Once they were close enough to the the top Kiba stopped and handed Shy a lock pick and pointed to the top of the stairs and whispered*

You head the rest of the way up. Use the pick to unlock the door and get Runa. I’m going to go back down and make sure no one comes through the door. Get going.

*Shy take the pick and starts heading up the rest of the stairs, while Kiba headed back down to the door. Shy got to the door and peeked in. He seen Runa sitting by the window staring out it. He started picking the lock and Runa spoke up.*

Who’s there?

It’s me Runa.

Shy? I know you and Kiba would come. *Runa appeared at the door and looked through the little window at him.* Where is Kiba?

He’s at the bottom of the stairs waiting for us. *The lock licked and Shy opened the door. He hugged Runa then took her hand and leaned her back down the stairs. Kiba had his body against the door keeping the guards out.*

Quick! *With that said Shy pulled the lever that opened the wall to the secret passage. Once he and Runa where in, Kiba bolted and was in as well. Closing the wall behind him before the guards could see where they had gone.*

Follow me and don’t make a sound you two. *Kiba took the lead and made Runa and Shy both run to keep up with him. He took them through different turns and down multiple staircases. Until they came out at a small barn near the woods.*

This way quick. The faster we get you two into the woods and on that secret path the better.

We’re right behind you Kiba.

*Kiba looked back and seen that Shy had a hold of Runa’s hand and wasn’t about to let her go. He nodded and kept running. Shy made sure Runa could keep up with me and kept a lookout for anyone that would want to hurt her. They heard yell coming from the castle. That made them pick up speed and get to the secret path faster. They got there and just as Shy and Runa stepped onto the path a group of dark warrior came running up the hill, straight at them. Kiba nodded to Shy and bolted for the dark warriors. Shy pulled Runa along. She took a long look behind her before she turned around and keep running with Shy.*

Will Kiba be alright?

He will be. This is all part of his plan Runa. Now its up to me to get you to safety and then get to Fairy World and have everyone ready for a war that’s going to break out.

I can help fight.

No. I need you somewhere safe right now. Alright?

Alright Shy, but I can help. I know I can.

I know that too, but for now, let’s just concentrate on getting out of here and back to the human world. Once there we can decide what to do next.

Right. Let’s get out of here. “I just hope that Kiba can get away and join us. After all he is one of us and he will always be one of us.”

*As Shy and Runa make it through the secret path and back to human world, the dark lord is sending his army to Fairy World, to destroy the gate and reveille the fairies to the world of humans. Shy takes Runa home and then heads off to Fairy World. Runa is asked where she has been and what the hell happened to her. She doesn’t answer and her grandmother takes her upstairs to her room to show her something and tell her something.*

Grandma I don’t have time for this. I have to go help Shy and...

I know dear. I know about the Fairy World and that Shy is a fairy.

How did you know that? “My grandmother went over to her dresser and picked up a small wooden box. She then turned to me and opened it. Inside was a necklace that matched the one Shy had given me years ago. The necklace wasn’t just a necklace though. It was a key to the gates of Fairy World. I looked up at my grandmother who just smiled at me. She sat the box down on the bed and took my hands into hers.*

I know what you have to do Runa. I’ve always known. Cause just like you, I had to save the world of fairies, but after I helped save it I turned away from it. I couldn’t turn my back on the world I came from, but you Runa. You can. Now take the fire escape and go help your friends.

Thanks grandma, but how do you know about fairy world or who was the fairy that you were friends with.

His name was Shar and he was my lover. Now go and don’t make the same decision as I did. Safe the Fairy World and follow your heart.

I will grandma. I promise you that I will.

I know you will. Now hurry, you haven’t much time.

Thanks you grandma and I won’t forget you or mom or dad, or even Nick. “I said that and was out the window and onto the fire escape in a flash. I climbed down as fast as I could and ran off toward Shy’s house and the gate to Fairy World.”