Chapter 10 "Keeping A Promise"

Morning Runa.

*Blinks then smiles at Kiba, who is leaning against the open gate, waiting for her* Morning Kiba.

Did you die your hair?

Yes. Do you like it?

Like it. I love it. Midnight black with blue highlights.

Yap.

(Holds hand out to Runa) Shall we depart for school, my little fox?

(Takes Kiba's hand) Yes we shall. My little silver wolf.

*chuckles* Let's go.

Right beside you.

Yap, and that's where your going to stay.

"School"

Well, good morning Shy.

(Shy looks at Kiba, then Runa, and then their hands. He goes back to looking at Kiba and narrows his eyes.)

Hey. Your the one that hurt her and I'm not going to let that happen again. 

If anyone has hurt Runa or is going to hurt her, it is you, Kiba. And you know it.

Come on Runa. We have to get to class.

(Runa just nods and follows Kiba. Shy watches as they go, and all the while his heart is shattering into a million piece. Kiba looks back at him and grins. Runa also looks back at Shy, with pity in her eyes.)

"I'm sorry Runa. I'm sorry that I hurt you, but it had to be done. For your own good, but seeing you with him, like this. Makes me wish I hadn't done as the cansle told me to. Forgive me Runa. Please, forgive me."

"Lunch"

Hey Runa!!

*Sigh* What do you three want?

Why the hell did you brake up with Shy?!

Ok, for one...

It's non of your three's business, so beat it. (Narrows eyes at the three girls, who shiver, and leave)

That's one way to get them to leave, I guess.

Sorry. I just don't want you getting upset.

Kiba, I'm fine. As long as I know, that your not going to leave me alone. I'll be fine, Kiba.

Yah I know you will. Cause I'm not going to leave your side, not for one moment. Exsapt when I drop you off at home. Other then that, I'm going to stay right here beside you.

Thanks Kiba.

Your welcome Runa.

"I hate this. How could I lose Runa to him. My flower is in the arms of the one person that can end everything. What was the cansle thinking when they desisted that Runa would be better off with him. Or have they forgotten that who it is that Kiba works for. Or do they want our world to come to an end?! That does it. I have to try and find away to tell Runa that Kiba is her enemy and who he works for, before it's too late."

(Kiba looks over at Shy. Shy narrows his eyes and gives Kiba a look that tells him. I know who you are and who your working for. Kiba just grins a fanged grin at Shy and gets up with Runa to leave the lunch room and go to next hour.)

"I will not let you hurt Runa, Kiba. That I promise."

 "Art Class" 

Shy?

Hmm?

What are you painting?

Something that might help you out a bit.

Oh? Help me out how?

When I finish it, you'll see.

Ok. Well I'm going to go sit down and work on my drawings. 

Alright, later Runa.

......................... Later Shy.

What's wrong Runa?

It's nothing. I'm just a little bit tired. That's all.

Are you sure it's nothing?

Yes, I'm sure.

Hmm. Alright then, but if something is wrong or bothering, tell me.

I will. I promise.

*sigh* Let's finish our work and get ready to go.

Right. (Hugs Kiba. Kiba hugs Runa back and then the two of them finish what they are working on and get ready to leave, when the bell rings.)

 "Runa you don't know how much danger you are in, just being near him, but I promise that I will protect you. And no one is going to make me brake that promise. No one."