Ch 12: Grazed Knee and a new friend

Roses POV
After spending some time with my new best friend, I realised that we both have a lot in common like our favourite books, food and jokes. While we we discussing tactics for our first prank as friends, I didn't realise one of the boys on the field had noticed me and started making their way towards us.I was about to say something when I suddenly fell onto the floor from my spot and scraped my knee. 'Ow that really hurts' I thought, I heard Sophie scolding the boy who pushed me before hearing other voices join in on the convocation.

I turned around to sit on my butt and inspected my knee to check for any bleeding. I remember some medical tips from a book I read in Flitwicks library, i dug my hand into my dress pocket where I knew I put a tissue before we had left our old home. As I dabbed the tissue on my grazed knee I winced at the stinging feeling to the point where I had blocked every other sound from my mind.

Sophie POV

As me and Rose were discussing the book I had been reading recently called 'The mystery behind Fairytales' by Walt Disney, something blocked my view and I heard a thud following a squeal from my new best friend. I looked at the person who pushed Rose and darted towards the only person brutish enough to do so "JAMES!!! what on earth are you doing ???" I shouted. Said person turned around to look at me and said "helping you what does it look like I'm doing", I gave him a confused look and questioned " help me?? why would you need to help me, we were only talking about books . . ." he scratched his head and said " no Elaina said she saw this girl grab your hair and forced you to sit down".

I looked behind James to the other kids who were watching from afar and met the eyes of a smirking ravenette who looked like the cat who caught the mouse. I gave her an annoyed look and turned my attention back to James "look Rose and I were just getting acquainted, there was no hair pulling or bullying, she was just doing that because she was board, look!" I pointed. He turned my body around to see the same smirking girl and went "oh" in an upset voice.

I shook my head before turning my eyes to look at my new hurt friend who was trying to stop the bleeding with a tissue. I crouched down to her and said softly "Hey are you alright? you didn't sprain anything did you?", I saw how she shook off the pain and gave me a brave smile and said "nah I'm good, but I might have to go and ask mommy for a bandaid since the graze was a little deep". I feel kid of bad but at the same time angry at James for hurting my only friend who would rather talk to me than play with the others. Without thinking I asked"Do you want me to help you get back to your mom?" as Rose stood up with little tears in the corner of her eyes, the small smile made me rethink what I had said and before I could say anything rose had pointed to James and boldly stated "hey you, you hurt me so carry me to my mommy and daddy" and unexpectedly James complied and princess style carried Rose up the stairs. 

I wanted to come with them just to make sure she was okay, so as we were walking the stone steps towards the back entrance to the castle Rose and i shared a look. James must have saw this and sighed "you know I can see you two giving each other a look and i'm doing this because I'm sorry and I feel kinda bad that you hurt yourself". While Rose gave him a small smile, I looked at him shock 'I can't believe it, The James Geneivat ( this is a made up last name for Jay, you will probably see a lot more of me creating made up last names because I just realised that loads of the characters do not have a surname) just apologised not only that but to a stranger.

I was snapped out of my state of shock when we saw a group of adults aka my mommy, daddy and my uncles from the isle (Carlos and Jay) including king Ben and a purple haired woman. It was only when rose jumped out of James arms and shouted "MOMMY" as she ran to the purple haired arms did I realise who rose was the daughter of, the woman gasped "Oh my goodness, what happened little dragon you were only gone half and hour" as she gazed over roses knee. I gave James a little smirk as a way of hinting that he is in so much trouble and he unfazed by this but I knew deep down he was feeling guilty at least.

"I'm okay mommy we were just playing and we got too rough, right James?" she smiled, James looked in shock at how easily she lied "James?, is that what happened?" said uncle jay with one eyebrow raised. James thought for a moment before saying "um yeah that's what happened, we were playing near the stairs and I accidently pushed her near the stairs and she grazed her knee so I helped her by carrying her back" he explained, " Sophie did that happened" said mommy " yeah pretty much, me and Rose were talking and then James came and asked if she wanted to play so she did and I watched them play until he accident".

The adults looked pretty much convinced except the purple haired woman who's name we found out was Mal, "well okay then if that what happened we better get you home and clean so we can start unpacking", Rose frowned but we knew that because our family was close we would see more of each other again and James even managed to smile towards Rose and we both waved with our parents goodbye to the retreating figures of king Ben, Mal and Rose. Just as they were about to leave out of the door we heard Rose shout "BYE NEW FRIENDS!!!", I thought for a moment and smiled in delight 'a friend'.

"Well then we better get home so that you can have enough time to be my model for the new dress I am going to make" said mommy, daddy and I sweat dropped at the amount of times we have had to become dolls for mommy but we love her so we don't have the heart to say no and with that left with a goodbye.

James POV

As Sophie, aunt Eve and Uncle Doug left, dad rubbed my head while messing u my hair and said "well then buddy, guess it our turn to go home", I gave a curt nod and went to make my way towards the door until dad put his hand on my shoulder as we walked and said " you know, I saw what happened out there with you, Sophie, Rose and Elaina. I'll let you off the hook this time but next time you will be punished am I clear son".

My body tensed up before relaxing my body in defeat, I groaned at the thought of what happened before counter arguing with "it wasn't really my fault cause I just did what any other friend would do, Elaina told me that Sophie was getting bullied and because we grew up together I just wanted her to be safe". Dad stop us and got down on his knee to look at me in he face "look buddy I know that you did what you thought was right but you need to think before you do anything harsh like you did with Rose, she was nice enough to play as if you didn't push her purposefully so now you need to take this as a lesson from life, trust me I was like you once and thought I knew what life was like until I realised what I was doing was wrong okay and be wary of Elaina, she's a sly one like her dad back in the day and her mom who was pretty obnoxious but unlike how they were then they are much better people now".

Honestly there are times when I see that dad gets really emotional over this stuff, I remember when I was young and he told me that he was a villain who came to Auradon for the sceptre but ended up siding with good. I knew that he was right and I nodded at him with a boost of confidence. "Thats my boy, now then lets go home your mother will be wondering where we are and those bao buns aren't going to eat themselves" he said excitedly, I laughed at that said "race you to the motorcycle" before rushing out of the door with dad quickly following behind.

All (James, Sophie and Rose) POV

As they were all being tucked into bed as the clock chimed 9:00pm, they all were about to sleep before thinking happily 'A new friend, huh"