Ch 11: Friendship

Sophie   ⬆️

Roses pov

The silence was thick, no one said anything and It was getting nervous. I didn't like the eyes on me so I tucked my head into daddy's neck and whimpered softly.

Daddy rubbed my back hearing my sound of distress and said " look guys I know that this is a shock to some of you but please refrain from staring too long, she's getting scared". I whispered a short thank you and he kissed my head as he cradled me in his arms.

I looked up at grandpa and his eyes widened a little, he looked to mommy and she nodded. He started walking towards me and instead of me getting scared I was intrigued. He bent down slightly and said " hello there" for some reason I really liked him, though he looks big and scary he looks like my teddy bear.

I reached over for him to take me from daddy's arms and he quickly went to take me from daddy arms. He brought me over to the grandma and she smiled at me softly " aww aren't you pretty" I smiled at her compliment and said " thank you, your really pretty too but not as pretty as mommy cause mommy is beautiful".

Some people laughed at my comment while others grinned. " I'm your grandmother and this is your grandfather sweetie, it's lovely to meet you" " it's nice to meet you too"

I turned to look at grandpa and I noticed deep pools of colour but Adam noticed something " she has the same colour eyes me and Ben had when we were young" daddy wrapped his arms around mommy " yeah I noticed that, that one of the reasons I had suspected she was my child when we found them".

Grandma walked over to mommy and pulled her into a hug and said " we are so glad to have you back Mal, Ben has been looking for you ever since though we wish you would have come to see us maybe we could have helped" she rambled

Mommy just relaxed and said " don't worry about it I'm here now and that's what matters". Mommy turned to daddy and said " though I do think we should go and discuss other matters privately". Grandpa put me down and patted my head and I huffed in annoyance, " baby why don't you go play with the other kids outside".

I didn't like the sound of that, grandpa tried to move away but I clung onto his pant leg In protest. I whimpered at the thought ' what if they don't like me ?'.

Mommy picked me up and said " whatever happens you can always come get me" she kissed my cheek as she brought me to the back garden where there was a patch of green grass and a few kids playing. She placed me down and said " I love you my little dragon" and I gently smiled as she walked off back into the cathedral looking building.

I looked back at the other kids and slowly made my way down to the grassy area. By the time I got to the bottom I saw 3 boys and 3 girls but one of the girls was sat on the last step watching the other kids in longing, I walked up to her and sat down next to her, she looked at me in surprise for a moment and then in awe.

I gave her a smile and said " hi I'm rose what's your name ?", she blushed at my introduction and looked down at her feet " um h-hi m-m-my names S-Sophie ". The way she talked was so small and innocent, ' cute' , but I was curious and said " why aren't you playing with the other kids ?"

She frowned at my question and cleared her throat and said "when I was born I was premature which made some problems and one of them was my anemia, so to put it simply if I overwork myself or run around too much I become faint and tired" I frowned at her response. " but are they not your friends, I'm sure if you asked they would play a game you could do too" she shook her head and gave me a fake smile " it's fine, I told them to go on without me".

I didn't like that, no one should be left alone, mommy was left alone for a long time and she was sad but now she has daddy so she is happy, so if she doesn't have anyone then maybe I can be her friend! I turned my body to Sophie and stated" well then I'll be your friend"

She gave me a shocked look which then turned into worry " oh no it's fine you can go play with the with the others I'll be ok on my own" I gave her a ' be quiet face' and she laughed, it must be contagious cause I started laughing and by the end we were full of giggles.

She was quick to stop because she was getting tired but still had a smile on her face " thanks I needed that and yeah I'd like that if that's ok" I grinned at my victory

I raised my pinkie as a sign of a promise "friends?", she shook her head and wrapped her pinkie around mine and said " best friends"
We smile at each other and went in for a hug, I can't believe I've made a new friend!

Little do they know that this is the start of a life long adventure full of laughs,jokes and pranks.