Terrorized or Not I Still Love You

Biased off of a dream I had.
Imagine on my fandom Instagram?: No
Prompt?: No
Request?: Yes
Requested prompt?: No
Edited: Yes

Word count: 2830

Story:

Your prov:

I smile over at Colby, who walks over to me after talking to a group of people.

"Hey nugget, having fun?" Colby asks me and I giggle at the nickname.

"Yeah, thanks for bringing me..." I say and smile at him.

"You're welcome, it just wouldn't have been fun without you this year," Colby says and brings me into a hug.

That's when Amber, Sam, and Katrina walk over as well.

"Are you guys sure you're not together?" Katrina and Amber say.

"You guys know this, we're just really good friends," Colby says and I try not to frown at that, but nod in agreement.

"Y/n, come get a drink with us," the girls say and I giggle as we walk into the cabin-like structure that we all are staying in.

Colby's family took this vacation and invited all of us to come along this year. They rented a bigger cabin then we normally would have, seeing as most of the friend group came along.

We've now been here for a few days. Today is the second to last day we will be here, so Colby decided to have a small party tonight.

There's an open field behind the house and a big pond. There are neighboring cabins, but they are a little farther down. You have to walk at least half a mile till the next place.

"So you sure you and Colby are just friends?" Kat teases as she pours her drink into a glass.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be sure...?" I say, trying to mask that I do indeed love the man I've known for years.

"Y/n, we're girls, not to mention your friends. We saw the way your face fell when he said you guys were just friends," Amber points out and Kat just nods along.

"You can't tell him though, he can't know," I say and they raise an eyebrow at me.

"Who can't know what, dear?" Colby's mom says as she comes into the kitchen.

"Oh! Colby can't know I, uhh..." I trail off and motion to the girls to help me.

"That she got him the coolest gift for his birthday!" Amber blurted and I smiled at her.

"Well dear, you know he'll love anything you give him," she tells me as she pats my back lovingly.

"Anyway, Robert, Gage and I are going to stay in here and watch something now, so if Colby asks that's where we are," she says as she grabs her cup and I smile and nod at her.

She smiles and rubs my back one more time, then heads up the stairs of the big cabin.

"Well, y/n, his mom adores you..." Amber says and I smile.

"Of course she does, she practically got to raise me with him," I say.

"I didn't know you guys went back that far..." Kat says and I nod.

"I knew him even before Sam did. I moved to Kansas when he did, because I was practically living with them. My mom left me my first year of middle school, at that time she and the Brocks were all I had. But she left and they took me in," I say, my face changing from a frown to a fond smile as I tell the story.