⚠ Neon J || Phonophobia

WARNING: MENTIONS OF ABUSE, NEGLECT, AND PTSD. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH ANY, I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU DONT READ. READ WITH HIGH CAUTION

__________

"YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID!"

"YOU WERE A MISTAKE!"

"FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP?!"

The yelling.

The insults.

You were used to it, since it's been over 30 years of it.

Even when you left home- er, were kicked out, it never stopped. They'd use phone calls the lure you in, thinking they changed, then it'd start all over again.

You knew that it wasn't your fault, but the ever persistent thought of, maybe you're the problem? Since they were fine around others, maybe it was just you? Are you really at fault?

Getting away from them was the only thing on your mind. As far as possible, as many cities over as it took.

You ended up in Vinyl City. The entire city itself was massive! Every district was equivalent to about three cities total back home. . .

You didn't have many belongings, thankfully considering the travel time it took. You were never allowed more than your clothes and a few collectibles, mainly because your father truly believed you couldn't be trusted with anything.

Where to? There's so many options. . .

"Excuse me."

You jumped when a voice spoke up behind you.

You went into defense mode, whipping around to meet a taller, sophisticated looking woman.

"Oh! My apologies, I didn't mean to startle you." She quickly waved her hands in an effort to ease your tension, then she hummed. "I've never seen you around before, are you new?"

You slowly nodded, your shoulders relaxing.

"Ah, well then, welcome to Vinyl City, home of music of all genres!" She waved her arm out, gesturing to the towering building next to you.

Even when you backed up, you couldn't see the top.

"The name is Tatiana Qwartz, Prime Charter of Vinyl City and CEO of NSR."

The confused look on your face caused her to continue, "Ah, NSR is a collection of artists, each given their own district to be the charter of. DJ Subatomic Supernova of Cast Tech, Sayu of Akusuka, Yinu of Natura, Neon J of Metro Division, and Eve of Dream Fever."

"Oh. Well, um- My name is (Y/N)." You fiddled with the strap of your bag.

Tatiana noticed and seemed to perk up, "So, I see you're considering moving here?"

You nodded again.

"Did you have a preference of district or would you prefer a tour first?"

"Would you mind giving a tour?"

"Of course not!" She exclaimed.

You flinched at her booming voice and started to sink into yourself.

Her expression dropped into one of concern, "Oh dear, I didn't mean to scare you. . . again. I won't speak so loud then."

You muttered a thank you and followed along after her tour.

Cast Tech intrigued you, the futuristic vibe you got was honestly beautiful. The entirety of the space theme made your jaw drop.

Akusuka was cute, the anime-esque theme was fascinating, and you honestly adored Sayu.