DJ Subatomic Supernova || im in love with u, sorry

Love.

An odd thing really.

An intense feeling of deep affection. A great interest and pleasure in something. To feel such a strong, deep romantic, even sexual attachment.

He never understood it.

He never felt it towards anyone so what's the point of understanding it?

Yet it still, intrigued him.

To feel such a strong emotion towards an individual, and to even have that emotion returned?

He never knew how much he craved that type of attention. . .

Until he met you.

You didn't work for NSR, but you were technically an EDM Artist. And even though your weren't disco like him, he still loved every best, every note of your music.

He listened to you singing every day, causing his chest to feel all fluttery and light, yet heavy at the same time. He wanted to hear you sing to him, just like that, for the rest of days.

Hearing your laugh, just your voice, sent hin into a tizzy. It made him feel like everything was alright, like there was nothing wrong.

Your presence made him feel like he could do anything, like you were a power source even stronger than the Grand Qwasa, stronger than all music combined.

You were there during his good days and his bad, and you never left his side when he was having a bad day. You always seemed to know exactly how to fix just about all of his problems.

He soon became obsessed with your being, addicted even.

Being around you gave him such a high that once you weren't around, his whole world crumbled around him and he was left with his own thoughts once again.

He knew that you started to take notice.

He knew that you saw the tilt of his head when you started performing. He knew you heard the note in his voice when he spoke to you. He knew that you knew.

But he didn't know that you felt the same way.

You hid it because you didn't want to lose him, he made it obvious so it was clear that he would never leave.

After months and months of playing this dangerous game of fate and love, he got the guts to tell you.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"I have something to show you."

"If it's another one of your recorded lectures, I'll pass." You joked with a smile.

That single smile made his insides just burst like fireworks.

He laughed, "No, it's something. . . better. Trust me."

He held out a hand.

You gave him a weird look but shrugged at grabbed it.

He carefully led you out to the top of the club, where a quaint balcony laid with a telescope at the end and a few chairs were scattered about.

The in awe look on your face made him feel all warm in fuzzy, a feeling he could never grow tired of.

"Woah! Has this been here the entire time?" You wandered over and peeked through the telescope.

He came up behind and tilted it just slightly, "You should be able to see Mars."

You grinned and nodded, "Wow," you stepped back, bumping into him, quickly scooting off to the side, "I knew everything in the night sky was gorgeous but i never really took the time to appreciate it much. . ."

He shifted in his place, "(Y/N), I need to talk to you. . . about something. . . personal."

"Oh??"

He gestured to a couple of the chairs.

You followed and sat in one as he took the opposite one.

"So, what's up?"

That innocent look of yours, the puppy eyed, head tilted look.

How could he word this? Could he even go through with it?

"DJ? Are you okay?"

He sighed, his head dropping.

He took a breath, held it for a few seconds, the let it out in a slow sigh.

"I am in love with you," he firmly stated, and with the look on your face, he added, "you heard me."

"DJ-"

"I am in love with you. And- and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed. And that- that one day all of our labours will be returned to dust. And i know that the sun will swallow the only earth we will ever have. . . and that I am in love with you. . . sorry."

"DJ, I- I don't know what to say."

He dropped his head into his hands, "I. . . I know, and if this inconveniences you, I'm truly sorry. If- if you wish I'll leave you to think, and I don't expect you to return these feelings."

He stood. He gave one last glance before beginning to walk back downstairs.

"Don't leave."

The sudden demand caught him off guard and he stopped mid-step.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

You sharply inhaled before standing and marching right over to him.

"DJ, I've- I'm in love with you, as well. I- um- i never quite understood these feelings but after hearing you, I know now what I've been feeling. You've allowed me into your life, you've welcomed me to your personal life, who you really are. This- this caring, astronomically phenomenal soul that may have his bad days but you get back up and strive through it even at your worst. You're such an amazing person, and I love every single thing about you."

His chest tightened at hearing that before it felt like all his worries faded away. His body shook from the rush hearing those words gave him.

Gently, ever so gently to not hurt the love of his life, he took you in his arms.

He pressed the cold glass of his helmet against the crook of your neck and quietly whispered one more time.

"I love you."

____________

So yeah, I cried first listening to this song bc it reminded me of,,, me

And I may have implemented how I feel towards the guy I like into how DJ felt,

Im sorry if I'm getting all wishy washy

I hope you enjoyed

- Kat