🌧️ Tatiana || Burned Out ⚠️

Mentions of Depression.

________

The city lights illuminated the window of Tatiana's office. The changing colours of each district giving life to the already bustling streets.

Tatiana stood, arms tucked behind her back, staring at the city, her city.

She sighed and dropped her arms, turning around and sitting down in her massive chair.

Running a finger over the leather of it, she thought back to her days of wearing the leather boots and jackets. The spikes and piercings. The ripped denim and torn tee shirts. The blaring music and flaming hair.

She scoffed, it all seemed like a fever dream now.

The sound of an elevator dinging and a door opening snapped her out of her thoughts.

There stood her new secretary, (Y/N).

Her former quit after the satellite scare back a couple of months ago.

(Y/N) was good. Always right there before Tatiana could even call their name. They always seemed to know exactly when she needed them.

"I know you didn't call for me, but I got word you seemed troubled." They called up to her.

Tatiana snorted, "And where'd you hear this?"

She walked around the front of the desk and tapped a button. The platform holding her desk lowered back to floor level.

They shrugged, "I just had a feeling."

"Well, your feeling seems to be more and more accurate each day."

They shrugged again. Then they perked up, "Oh, by the way, I heard back from Nova and the relaunching of the new satellite is scheduled for next week. I looked into you scheduled and it lined up. Had to tweak a couple of meetings a few minutes later but other than that, it's all good to go."

"Good, thank you. What about Sayu's next concert? Tila mentioned needing a couple of new sensors for the lights."

"All covered, I ordered them and they're coming in tomorrow."

Tatiana arched an eyebrow, "You're better at doing my job than I am."

They blinked and shook their hands defensively, "Oh, I didn't mean to intrude-"

"It was a compliment, (Y/N)." She reassured, smiling softly.

Her smile faded out, and she went back and sat up on her desk, fiddling with her thumbs.

"Tati."

That nickname.

They only used it in private, and only for special occasions.

She glanced up over her magenta shades.

"You never told me what's bothering you."

She sighed, shrugging.

They came around and sat up on the desk next to her.

"You thought back to The Goolings again, didn't you?"

She only nodded.

(Y/N) set down their clipboard, then reached over to take her hand.

Tatiana jumped slightly.

"You seem. . . burned out."

She scoffed, "That's one way to put it."

They studied her, nervously.