⚠️ Neon J || Disorderly

TW: MENTAL ILLNESS, BIPOLAR DISORDER, AND PANIC ATTACK MENTIONS. MAY BE EXTREMELY TRIGGERING. READ WITH EXTREME CAUTION.

_

"Come on, (Y/N), the boys will love you."

J stood across from his lover, who was fidgeting with their hair on the couch, bouncing their leg.

"I- I don't know, J. . . What if it happens again? It's been going on more frequently after you announced we started dating to the public. You know how bad I get meeting new people." They knew it was a dull excuse, but they felt close to another attack.

J sighed, sitting down next to them. "And if it does, I'll tell the boys what happened and I'll be there for you. I will always be there for you, okay?"

They nodded almost in a jerky manner.

"Okay. C'mon, Rin hasn't stopped texting me asking to meet you."

He yanked them up off the couch and draped arm around their waist.

J always hung out at (Y/N)'s place after performances. It was a quiet place to chill after the  rampaging fans. It helped that no one knew where they lived, so it never risked getting caught by said fans.

"J, I'm serious. What if it does happen again?"

He stopped. "Thinking about it will spark it again. Trust me, I know. But," he stood in front of them and tipped their chin up, "I'll be there to calm you down if it does. They boys are gentle, well, most of them. I'll tell them beforehand and I'll make sure they don't do anything stupid."

They tittered, "Thank you."

J's radar pinged in joy, "Anything for you."

_

The streets of Metro Division were light up by neon palm trees and blue light bulbs along the sidewalks. The familiar voices of 1010 echoed throughout the district, fans watching like their lives depended on it.

(Y/N) rolled their eyes, "Are your boys really that big of a deal?"

"That's what happens when you're second on the popularity chart. You wouldn't believe how harsh some of these fans are. Some of them try to rip the boys apart limb from limb. It's honestly disturbing to think that kids that devote their life to your music could tear you apart within a seconds notice." J shuddered at the mere thought.

(Y/N), now very concerned, glued themself to J's side, watching everyone carefully.

"It's Neon J!" A voice screamed.

A swarm gathered in milliseconds.

Voices asked numerous different questions at once, majourity being autographs or where was 1010.

(Y/N) squished into themself, their breath getting more and more ragged by the minute.

J could feel their quickened heart rate just from their hand.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" He bellowed, everyone in a 20 foot radius halting.

"That's better. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to go home." He snarled.

One by one, the fans backed off.

J huffed and pulled his lover along, sending looks to bystanders to not even try it.

"Thanks- thank you, I-" They couldn't get a full sentence out from both shaking and breathing heavily.

"Of course. God damn, I do wish they'd get it in their heads. . ."

They didn't say anything to that, just kept walking, trying to match his quick pace but tripped over themself.

He skidded to catch them, "Sorry, it's a habit to walk fast when I'm not exactly in a good mood."