Part 6 ~ Falling Deeper

The next day I wake up feeling sick . . Denise's text message last night before bed made me feel all kinds of things. Why can't she just let go? why can't we just move on and accept the fact that we don't belong together? . . this woman did me wrong, I will never be able to forgive her for what she did to me. I don't wanna get into a new relationship with her . . it's like reading a book twice. . why read it again when you know how it's gonna end?

I didn't reply to her text message last night . . . I didn't want to start a conversation with her. I'm just going to ignore what she said and when she comes here tonight, I will tell her that I made up my mind a long time ago and that she should get it through her stubborn head. I know she still has feelings for me but those feelings are a mixture of love and hate. Even if we tried, we couldn't live together. She's the most jealous person I know . . . I've been suffocating once . . . I don't wanna be in that position a second time. Denise is history and I hope one day she'll realize that we will never get back together. Not in this life.

I keep looking at my phone, hoping to get a message from Destiny. She's a quiet one, I gotta say. . but maybe that's just her way. I wanna stop by the restaurant tonight and maybe she'll have time for a quick coffee.

"Mr.Jackson . . can we leave?"

"Lucy . . it's not time to leave yet . . I want you to sit down and work on your paper. I want everyone to keep working. You are free to leave when the bell rings"

"Mr.Jackson?"

"No questions . . . I want you guys to work on your paper!"

"But this is important . . ."

"What is it, Aiden?"

"I have a question about the school dance . . where is the party after going to be? you told us that you will let us know the two places we can choose from . . ."

"I sent all your parents an information letter, if you wanna know the details you will find everything you need to know in that letter"

*SCHOOL BELL RINGS*

"Alright guys . . I see you tomorrow!"

All the students jump up, pack their school stuff and leave the classroom. I head to the teacher's office and grab a cup of coffee. I can't stop thinking about Denise and her message last night. I don't want her to come . . . why does she have to be the way she is? . . I wanna go to Stines and see Destiny . . . but instead, I have to go straight home or crazy Denise will find a way into my house . . . I'm sure. I pack my stuff, walk out and get in my car. The bad feeling in my stomach is real . . . . I hope I can get rid of Denise fast so I can still go to Stines and grab a coffee with Destiny.

I take a quick shower, put on fresh clothes and make myself something to eat. It's 5:30pm . . Denise should be here in about half an hour. I don't get it . . the point of breaking up is not seeing each other anymore and going seperate ways . . . Denise's idea of breaking up is a whole other thing. . .

At exactly 5:50pm the doorbell rings. I take one last second to feel good about myself before opening the door. I offer her to come in and close the door. I'm gonna tell her what's what and that's it. I'm not gonna get into a conversation with her. . I will simply tell her that we can't be together and that she will have to accept my decision.

"Hi Michael . . . I'm so happy to see you"

Before I know it, her arms are wrapped around me. She tries to kiss me but I quickly turn my head to the side. . . . I gently push her away from me and ask her to sit down. She did her hair the way she always did it on our first dates. . wavy on the bottom and teased on top. And she sure put on a good splash of perfume . . . the one she wore when we first got together . . . . I actually gifted her that perfume . . I know darn well what she's trying to achieve with all this . . . but it ain't gonna work.