Part 3 ~ Broken Wings

Michael's note:

Thank you for the compliment . . . but I don't think I'm that hot. :o) . . I mean, the temperature at the surface of the sun is about 10,000 fahrenheit . . but thank you for the compliment. If you wanna have coffee someday . . let me know . . my number is on the bottom of the note :o) have a nice day!

~ Michael.J
_____________

Awww . . . I can't believe he left me this note. . how sweet of him. And he left his number too? . . so that means he's available. . good to know. I stick the note in my bra and get back to work with a smile on my face. Now that I know the guy doesn't hate me, I feel bad for the things I said to Theresa . . . was I too harsh on her? No. . . I wasn't. What she did was wrong . . . but I feel bad now. It's been a while since I had a crush on a guy . . I've been heartbroken a few times in my life and whenever I see a cute guy that I like, I turn into a total drama queen . . . I'm gonna call her tonight after work and apologize. . .

LATER THAT DAY . . .

I just got home. I take a quick shower and make myself comfortable on the couch. I'm looking at the note Michael gave me but I'm too nervous to call . . . maybe I should just send him a text message . . . no, that's stupid . . . I need to call him. I keep looking at the note like an idiot. . he's got such nice handwriting . . . almost unreal . . and the cute smiley faces . . . awww . . they totally won me over . . .

I dial his number but don't press the green button . . . what the hell am I so nervous about? this is just a simple phone call. I don't get it . . . I don't even know the guy, why am I being so weird? I need to just relax and call the guy . . . what could possibly go wrong? I press the green button and wait for him to pick up . . .
_______________

~ Michael's point of view ~

It's 7:30pm . . Casey and I just finished watching an action movie together at my place. . I'm not into action movies but I know he likes them, so . . . and now that I'm teaching and living on my own, we don't get to spend as much time together anymore.

"Mike! someone's calling you!" Casey says, holding up my phone. I take it and look at the number . . who could that be? . . OHHH . . I bet that's Destiny from the restaurant. I quicky get up and walk out to the backyard. I clear my throat and pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi . . . this is Destiny . . is this Michael?"

"Yes! . . hi Destiny . . so you got my message, huh?"

"Yes . . thanks! . . that was very nice . . and sweet :)!"

"You're welcome!"

"Sorry again about my friend Theresa . . she's a little crazy. . . I hope she didn't make you feel uncomfortable in any way . . if she did, I apologize . . ."

"No . . don't apologize . . it's fine :) . . it wasn't bad, really . . I didn't mind"

"Good to hear that"

"So . . . . how are you doing? . . how about my offer? wanna have coffee someday?"

"I'd love that . . . :)"

"Great!"

(awkward silence)

"Michael? . . may I ask . . what's your last name?"

"Jackson . . . Michael Jackson . . and what's your full name?"

"Well . . umm . . my full name is Destiny Love Johnson . . but my grandma always used to call me ''Lovely'' when I was very young and I guess my parents liked it and they started calling me that as well . . . but my real name is Destiny Love"