Part 53 ~ PS. I HATE YOU

~ Michael's point of view ~

I am about to burst from anger. Casey not only had the nerve to smoke pot again, I'm pretty sure he's taken some other things too. He's aggressive, his eyes look funny . . he's doing drugs again and I bet it's because of that damn Russian kid he used to hang around with.

"Good God, look at you Casey . . have you lost your damn mind?! you're completely out of it and I mean it this time, I'm going to call dad . . you're dead meat! I don't care!"

"NO!!!"

"Yes, I will!"

"No, you can't tell dad! I just smoked some pot, big fucking deal!"

"It is a big deal! It starts off with pot and then you gonna wanna try more of that useless shit and then, before you know it, you're out on the streets looking out for heroin or something!"

"Heroin? . . yea right . . like I would wanna try that shit!"

"That's how it starts! I told you, I don't want you smoking pot! And I'm pretty sure you did some other stuff too . . what else have you been taking? I'm not stupid, I can see it in your eyes, Casey!!"

"I only smoked pot, WILL YOU RELAX?!"

"I just sent dad a text message . . he's going to pick you up here in about 10 minutes . . you better come up with something to say because he won't be too happy with you when he sees you!"

"You . . y-you really just texted him?!!"

"Yes, I did! That'll teach you not to ever touch any kind of drug ever again, you hear me?!"

"You . . you just told dad?! . . did you really just do that, Michael?!"

"YES!"

. . . . .

Without a word Casey walks away. "Casey, wait! come back here!" I run after him. I catch up to him at the corner shop. "Stop walking away!" I yell. He grabs on to me, pushing me backwards up to the wall behind me. His hands are shaking and he's breathing heavily against my face. "I can't believe you told dad, you're such a fucking piece of shit, Michael!!!!"

"I'm a piece of shit?!! you're taking the drugs, what exactly does that make you, Case?!" Next thing I know Casey punches me straight in the face. Then he lets go of me . . I wipe my nose and realize I'm bleeding. He takes one last look at me and then walks out of the shop. The woman at the checkout rushes over to me.

"Are you alright?? should I call 911?"

"I'm-I'm alright . . thank you . . I'm alright"

"You want me to get you a paper towel or something?"

"I'm good . . thank you kindly . . sorry about this . . I'm awfully sorry this had to happen in here" With that said I walk out of the corner shop and head back to the Chinese place. I take a seat at the table. Zaira and Destiny look at me in shock. "Oh my goodness, Michael! you're bleeding! your nose is bleeding!"

"I'm alright, sweetheart . . I'm fine, don't worry"

Zaira starts crying.

"Baby, don't cry . . I'm ok, I fell and hurt my nose . . I'm perfectly alright" She gets up from the chair, walks around the table and hugs me. Destiny and I look at each other and know what we're both thinking. We need to get the hell out of this place. People are staring and I couldn't enjoy my lunch with people's eyes on us. We get in the car and decide to go back home. We didn't get to eat lunch here but at least we found shoes for Zaira. Traffic is brutal. I hope we're gonna be home soon. I'm starving. "Are you sure you're alright, Michael?" Destiny asks with a worried look on her face.