Part 7 ~ Save Yourself the Heartbreak

A FEW DAYS LATER . . . .
________________

~ Michael's point of view ~

I haven't been here in the restaurant in a while . . . maybe that's the reason why Destiny is ignoring me. . . but maybe that's just me. Is it because I haven't been here in a while? . . I sent her text messages but she never replied. The last one I sent was two days ago and I never got a reply back from her . . . did I say something wrong? . . . what did I do? . . I'm sitting here waiting for Destiny to take my order but she doesn't even look at me. If I did something wrong, I would like to know what.

I raise my hand. "Destiny? . . . can I please have a-"

and she's gone again . . . walked right back to the kitchen without even looking at me one. She heard me . . I know she did. I called her name! she was standing right in front of me! . . I let out a sigh . . maybe she lost interest . . . . or maybe she met someone ? . . I have no idea . . but I would like to know what's going on. I wanna know why she's ignoring me like that. She always used to rush to me with a big smile on her face whenever I would walk in . . no matter what she was doing or who she was talking to . . but now it's like I'm totally invisible to her . . .

I've been sitting here for like 15 minutes, waiting for her to come take my order. Is no one else working tonight? is she the only one here? . . probably . . hmmm . . . I look at my watch and decide to call it a night. What's the point of me sitting here waiting for nothing? I get up . . I put my jacket on and leave the restaurant. The cold night wind blows my hair away from my face . . . it's freezing out here. I better get in the car and drive back home. I gotta say, I'm really disappointed . . whatever I did, why can't she just talk to me about it instead of ignoring my text message and pretending that I'm invisible?

I have no clue what I could've done to her . . . no freakin' clue whatsoever. I turn on the heat in the car and lean back. To be completely honest, I don't wanna drive home right now . . something is holding me back but I don't know what. We're not even dating . . not even close. . . why does this bother me so much? . . why can't I just drive away and take the rejection like a man?

I turn off the car and get back out . . . I can't . . . I can't drive home. I wanna know what's going on. I have a right to know why she's treating me like that. I did nothing wrong . . . not that I know.

I walk back into the restaurant, looking left and right, hoping to see her walk by. I sit back at my table and take off my jacket. I'm not leaving here . . not until she comes up to my table. I don't care if I have to get my own order, I wanna know what's going on. I look to my right. . there she is, walking out of the kitchen. I'm looking straight at her . . waiting for her to look back at me . . . and she does. She's looking at me right now. . . . I get up and walk over to her. "Hey Destiny . . how are you?"

She forces a smile in my direction and keeps on walking, leaving me standing here with no answer. What's the deal here?! . . seriously . . this girl used to stare at me like crazy . . giggle all shyly . . blush and all that lovey dovey stuff and now I get nothing. . nothing. . . not even a genuine smile.

I inhale and exhale deep and force myself to walk up to her again. She looks at me with that weird look on her face, making me feel uncomfortable. How about a smile? . . where did her cute smile go?

"Destiny . . . why are you ignoring me?" I ask . . quietly . . but loud enough for her to hear. All she does is look at me . . and again, no answer.

Fine . . . I tried . . . there's no use. If she doesn't wanna talk to me, who am I to force her? I grab my jacket and leave the restaurant again . . but this time feeling a little angry. If she's not into me anymore she can just say it! . . . it's not the end of the world. I'd be a little crushed, yes, but at least I'd have my answer. I walk up to my car and just as I'm about to unlock it, there's Destiny . . . she's standing by the doorstep looking at me . . . .