Part 47 ~ The Perfect Evening?

. . . . .

"Where are we going, handsome?"

"We're going to a great restaurant"

"What's it called?"

". . . Stine's"

"Michael . . you gotta be kidding me, I'm not going there for dinner with you!" I laugh. "I was kidding, of course we're not going there . . I'm taking you to a very fancy place . . a place I'm sure you have never been before . . they have the best wine there, too . . well, for me, since you're pregnant. . but you'll be blown away"

. . . . .

"What else will I be?" She asks smiling.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, what else will I be besides blown away? . . is there something special you have planned, Michael?"

"Yes, of course there is"

. . . . .

"What is it, Michael?"

"I'm taking you to the fanciest restaurant in the upper east side . . you'll absolutely love it! I know I do!"

"Anything special happening there?"

"I don't know what you mean, baby . . we're gonna have a great dinner there . . it's a super fancy place and only rich people usually go there . . I'm not rich but tonight we're gonna pretend we are! Now, how does that sound?" My phone starts ringing. I take a quick look at it. It's Casey. I hand Destiny the phone to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Destiny . . is-is my brother there?"

"He's driving . . he can't talk right now . . what's up, sweetie?"

"Umm . . well . . I was gonna ask him but . . since you're on the phone I guess I'm gonna ask you . . umm . . is it ok if I bring a girl here? . . to Michael's house?"

"Babe, Casey asks if he can bring a girl to your house?"

"Sure . . but tell him to be good, I want no dirty shit happening in my bed . . or on any surface in my house for that matter"

"Casey, Michael says it's ok . . but be good, alright?"

"Thanks, bye!"

She hangs up the phone and puts her hand on my thigh. A few minutes later we arrive in front of the restaurant. It's super expensive here but Destiny is so worth it. WE are worth it. We walk inside and are treated like royals as soon as we enter. "Wonderful evening, sir . . you have reservations?"

"Yes, Jackson is the name"

"Wonderful . . may I please walk you to your table? we can offer you a wonderful seat by the window or would you like to sit in the back to be a little more private?"

"Here by the window looks nice! thank you!"

"What may I bring you? I suggest the 'Henschke Mount Edelstone Shiraz' . . it's an outstanding wine, it's our absolute favorite"

"How much is it?" Destiny asks out of nowhere. The waiter looks at her with a warm smile. "It's 229 dollars for the bottle. "Oh, that's . . that's a little expensive, isn't it, Michael?"

"It's alright, baby . . . we'll take it, thank you kindly!"

~ Destiny's point of view ~

The waiter gives Michael a polite smile and walks away. Wow. 230 bucks for a wine bottle? that's . . that's a lot. I can't believe Michael is spending so much money . . we haven't even ordered food yet and he's already paying 230 bucks. That's the amount of money I spend on two weeks worth of food at the grocery store.