Part 38 ~ Uninvited

Hey loves! this is an extra long part for you guys! I hope you enjoy! thank you so much for sticking around for this book. It really means a lot to me! please enjoy this brand new chapter and please don't forget to vote & leave a comment! I'd greatly appreciate it (: 

play the video above while reading, if you like (:

xxx

"Ummm . . Nastasia, may I ask what you are here for?" 

I'm becoming even more nervous. What positive answer could she possibly give me to this question? not a single one. She came here to see Michael. But what for? I don't feel good about this . . I don't feel good about this at all. 

She gives me a forced smile, getting up from the couch. She puts her iphone in her purse and then looks at me. She is absolutely, utterly gorgeous. It's making me feel totally insecure about myself right now. I'm not saying I'm an ugly duckling . . I find myself pretty darn alright but compared to her I'm . . well . . I don't even want to compare myself to her.

"I'm here to speak to Michael . . do you have any idea where he is right now?"

The fact that she doesn't even know where he is right now and when he'll be back proves that Michael has no idea that she's here, either. They haven't even talked. If she had talked to Michael prior to coming here, she would've been told by him that he's out of town and later on will be meeting ME here at his house. 

"He's out of town . . but he'll be back around 7pm . . umm . . I didn't expect to meet you here, Nastasia . . I was just about to prepare dinner . . for Michael and I"

"Oh . . so he's out of town and he'll be back around 7, you say? . . I'm sure you wouldn't me me hanging around here until he comes back, would you?"

"Would I? . . umm . . I really should get busy with dinner right now . . I have a lot to prepare . . I don't think there will be a lot of time for us to talk"

"Why don't I help you with dinner?" She asks out of fucking nowhere.

. . . . .

"Excuse me?"

"Yea, why don't I help you with dinner? I'm a great cook, Destiny!"

"Help me with dinner I'm preparing for Michael and I?"

"Yes, why not? . . I'm an excellent cook . . I can totally help you spice it up . . you know? just the way Michael likes it"

I scoff silently. "Just the way Michael likes it? no offense, Nastasia, I'm a great cook myself and this is supposed to me ME making dinner for Michael and ME . . so . . it wouldn't exactly be MY dinner if you helped me . . right? . . but thanks for the offer"

I turn around and head towards the kitchen with my eyes rolling back into my head. I may be overreacting right now but did she just have the audacity to ask if she could help me spice up the dinner?? is she implying that I don't know how to freakin' cook? what the hell is she even here for? she didn't even tell me!

I walk back to the living room but she's not there anymore. I can hear her walking upstairs. Is she serious right now? I'm pretty sure she knows that Michael and I are in a pretty darn serious relationship, how can she just barge in here, uninvited and go through his house like it's a freakin' museum?!

I make my way up there to check on her. She's standing in the master bathroom, fixing her lips with a red lipstick. She better put away that lipstick or I'm gonna shove it down her throat. She looks at me and smiles. I smile back. "Umm . . Nastasia . . does Michael know that you're here waiting for him?"

"Not exactly, no . . but I'm sure he doesn't mind . . we really need to talk about something . . it's urgent"

"Urgent? . . Nastasia . . Michael and I have a whole night planned . . you know? . . dinner . . wine . . music . . he never mentioned anything about you visiting . . I don't wanna be rude but I don't think you should stay and wait for him"