Chapter 41, Hanger

sorry for all the mistakesa and such!! I never edit before putting it up...maybe I should start though!;)

“Dude, this kid better be worth it.” Dodger said. We were in front of a dilapidated building, but light was just barely shining out the cracks in the side. This is where I was supposed to be retrieving Levy. I looked at Dodger. “Why do you say that?” I asked. Boomer, Liam and Nicco all turned to hear his answer. “There’s a gang inside. Your boy must be one of ‘em.” He said. Great. Not only had I gotten myself a jail bird, but now I had a gang member to deal with. “Let’s move!” Nicco said, and they all lunged out of the bushes. “Stealth” was not in there vocabulary.

It wasn’t hard for us to remove the door, even though there was a heavy pad lock on it. Boomer simply ripped it off. I assumed there was probably some secret entrance the Gang had, but I didn’t feel like looking for it. I looked at Dodger, who shook his head. They still didn’t know we were there. Liam struck his shin on something and cursed softly under breath. Nicco punched him in the arm to silence him.

“I can’t see a thing!” Boomer said. “Follow me.” I said. I looked around. There were some stairs, although they didn’t look extremely stable. The rest of the room had broken bits of furniture and lots of dirt, but nothing special. “Stairs at ten o’clock.” I said and started walking up them, the rest of the guys right behind me. They creaked painfully, and dodger cursed under his breath. “Make it quick. They heard us.” He said. I lunged up the stairs, hearing the other guys stumble up after me. There was a rush of noise, and suddenly we were in a large room, surrounded by grungy looking guys with switch blades. One grinned at us and scraped his knife on his thumb.

“What can we do for you, boys?” he drawled. Suddenly, Nicco snorted. I turned my head to look at him, and he jerked his heads towards Liam. Obviously they were having discussions in their heads. Probably battle plans.  I stepped forward. “We’re looking for a kid named Levy. Hand him over and we’ll be gone.” I said. The rest of the guys laughed and the one who had spoken first answered. “We don’t have a Levy in our little club, but we do have a captive. I’m willing to hand him over. For a price, of course.” He said. They parted to show a kid our age passed out against the wall. He looked pretty beat up, with a split lip, two black eyes, and various other cuts and bruises on his body and face. I looked back to the guy.

“Just give him to us.” I said. They all laughed again, and Boomer, Nicco, Liam, and Dodger all stepped up next to me. The circle of guys all around us stepped forward, tightening their circle. I looked around. They were pretty big, but nothing against my group. They were all grinning in excitement, calling out guys to take in the up and coming fight. Dodger leaned closer to me. “Play an old Darth Vader Star Wars on him.” Lucky for me, that had been one of the books I had gotten in the castle. I focused on the leader of the gang, and he slowly rose three feet up in the air, and then I had to focus even more to get him by the neck. “Holy shit! Kill ‘em, you jack asses!” he squawked. I let him drop and immediately the gang was on us.

I back myself up to a wall and made quick work of the seven guys that came at me, slamming two together, sending three out the window, and two out the door and down the stairs. Two came up behind Liam and grabbed his arms to hold him still while another tried to punch him, but as soon as they touched him they both crumpled to the ground limply. Before the third could run off, he gave him a shock that buckled his knees and sent him to the floor with his buddies. Nicco burnt several and then boomer would use some weird maneuver and they would collapse to the ground, and dodger simply played with them, teasing them until they lunged and then either I or Liam would knock them down. With five minutes, passed out bodies were strewn all over the floor. The kid who was badly beat up by the gang was now awake, and watching us with a rather fearful expression. His hands were tied behind his back and his legs were wrapped awkwardly around a chair and tied. His mouth and a rag tied across it.

Some of the lesser hurt gang members were starting to moan, and I knew we didn’t have enough time to untie him. He probably couldn’t run to fast either. I motioned to Boomer who broke off from the group where they were excitedly reliving there fight. “Grab the chair and lets go.” I said. He raised an eye brow. “With him in it?’ I nodded, and Boomer shrugged. As he approached, Levy began to struggle wildly and I could make out that he was swearing a blue streak behind that dirty rag. Boomer hefted the chair and rested it on this shoulder and nodded to me. I left the lit room and led them back into the dark where Nicco fell down the stairs and Liam had to pick him back up, calling him several names. Finally, we stumbled out into the night time air and ran for the woods.

Once we were a good distance away from the building and in a clearing, we stopped moving and Boomer put the chair down. We all went over to look at the kid in the chair I prayed was Levy and the gang wasn’t just playing a joke on us. He glared at us from his spot on the chair, and Liam smiled at him.

“Feisty little guy, aren’t you?” he said, ruffling Levy’s blonde hair. He glared harder at us. I sighed. “Alright, I guess we’ve had our fun. Let him go.” I said, waving my hand and accidentally sending the chair skidding fifteen feet back. I thought poor Levy’s eyes were gonna pop out of his head. Boomer chuckled and started undoing the ropes. As soon as they all were off except the mouth gag, Levy bolted. I do mean bolted. So fast I never even saw him move, but Liam, startled, accidentally sent out a shock that crumpled Levy and he fell to the ground.

“Dude, cool it.” Nicco said, helping him up and holding tightly to his arm. Dodger smiled. “How the hell did that gang catch you?” he asked. Levy made a face. “They tazed me.” He said, glaring at Liam, who gave him a huge grin. I stepped towards him. “Stop moving. We’re not gonna kill you or anything. The name Arianna sound familiar to you?” I asked. Levy’s expression changed. Everyone knew Arianna, apparently. “Okay, well she sent me to collect you and bring you back to her. Stick around and you’ll be fine. Don’t pick any fights with the twins, ‘case they have twin telepathy and cheat like there is no tomorrow, don’t gossip because Dodger’ll hear you, and don’t wrestle with Boomer. He’ll snap your back like a twig.” I said and leaned against a tree. Had I know it would involve this much talking, I would’ve just taken Sadie and never would have gotten into the business of leadership. Nicco let Levy go, and he looked around at us, decided we were telling the truth and shrugged. “Whatever. Where to next?” The others filled Levy in on the plan while I let it sink in that I only had to get one more person, then I could go back to Sadie.