Chapter 80, Sadie

I stood on my tip toes and kissed Hanger, right there in front of everyone.

“I love you.” I said severely.

“I love you, too.” I looked at all the kids, all the guys, all of the people who were my family, and prayed that they stayed with me. I saw a tree scoop Jett up. He was the healer and needed to be kept especially safe for reasons I didn’t want to safe. I didn’t want to look at the line of monsters rushing at us. Some I recognized, others were new to me. I didn’t exactly get a good look at them. I just rushed forward. I told myself everything would be fine.

The wave of monsters hit me like a tidal wave. Everything was a blur.  I grabbed onto the fur of some hideous creature the growled and slavered as it tried to twist around and get me. I saw flashes of my family around me. Libby and Sully back to back.Ariadne in the middle of a mini tornado sending the smaller ones flying.The twins working together, zapping and burning. Levy was racing around a group of small ones, making some pass out and driving others ones mad. I saw Hanger toss three up in the air with his mind.

I clung onto the fur of the beast I was on. It snapped at me but I ignored it. I searched for its mind in my head, but nothing came up. I pulled the dagger I had ordered from the back pack out and climbed around the beat to his belly, which was quite a challenge, the plunged the dagger deep into his chest. He wailed and collapsed onto the ground, going motionless. There was one tiny flaw in my plan. I was trapped under it. I began to panic. This thing was the size of a horse. It suddenly went flying off me and I was on my feet in a second. Hanger grinned at me. I moved closer to him, fighting my way through the monsters. The trees swung there branches and stepped on monsters.

Every time it seemed to be getting better, another wave of monsters would come out. I flickered through everyone’s mind, checking on. Everyone was fine. I saw no humans. I lunged at a thing that looked sort of like a lion but the teeth were bigger. It swung around and sunk its teeth deep into my arm. That arm also had the dagger in it. I cried out in pain and swung at the beast with my other hand, willing it to let go. It didn’t work. It lifted me off the ground. I thought I was dead for sure. It suddenly howled, and let go of me. I held my arm against my side. There was a blast of heat and the creature bounded off into the woods. Nicco flew on his finger like it was gun, his bright red hair smoking. I flashed a smile at, but then was forced to lunge back into the battle.

I saw Sophia clinging to the back of this thing that had the body of a horse but the head of a dragon sort of. It bucked her off, and was about to stomp her to death. I scooped her off the ground and saw a tree nearby. I whistled and it turned towards me. I kissed Sophia on the top of the head and tossed her in the air. The tree swooped down with one of its limbs and caught her. A small, skinny, leathery winged creature clung to my back. I realized he had a mind. I threw myself against the nearest tree and it fell to the ground. I focused long enough o get inside his head. He began flying in circles, then swooping over the heads of the other creatures and dive bombing them.

The waves of monsters began to thin. I saw a few men in black suits pacing the edge of the field. I took that as a good sign. I picked through the minds in my head. Everyone was okay. Then I noticed the distress in Hanger’s head. I pin pointed where he was. Across the field, I saw a huge monster. One of the biggest I had ever seen. It was covered with shaggy, greasy brown fur. Even from behind I could tell it was a dog, a really big dog. 

My heart skipped a beat. The scars on Hanger’s arms flashed through my head. I looked around. There were very few monsters left. Everyone was teaming up. I lurched forward, my legs moving automatically towards Hanger. The feeling of impending disaster deepened, and I began to run to him. I could see that he was trying to fight. He looked furious, circling the beast as it circled him. He was out for revenge. I was only twenty feet away, but it was too far. Hanger lunged at the monster, but it was smarter than most. It dodged and swung its head fast than I would have thought and clamped its jaws around Hanger.

“NO!” I screamed. I willed it to let him go, but that was about all I could do. I stood over hanger as the monster breathed own my face. Suddenly, I was surrounded by all the guys. We all rushed at once. Jasper dragged Hanger away. Levy ran back and forth in front of the beast, which watched him, trying to catch him. Liam put both hands on the monsters flank and sent a powerful shock. The beast quivered and opened its jaws to basically eat him. A nice mouthful of flame awaited him. It howled and every one zoned in on it as soon as it was vulnerable.

It didn’t take long. When we were done, all that was left was a smoldering, crushed pile that no longer had shape. It was pretty gross. I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to it thought. I rushed to Hanger. Arianna and Jasper and the kisd were already there, all around him. Ryder and Jett still weren’t there yet. I collapsed onto my knees as I took in his broken form. His eyes were closed. Blood soaked his shirt, his pants, and the ground below him. I took his head in my lap and moved the black hair from his face. He didn’t move. I took his hand.

“Hanger!Wake  up!  I’m going to kill you if you die! Wake up! I need you! You cannot  leave me now!” I wrapped my arms around him and held him tightly against my chest.

He was still alive, but just barely. Blood continued to seep no matter what I did. No moved. There was nothing any of them could do. Except one. I felt a small hand on my head. I lifted my head and saw Jett looking at Hanger. He easily ripped the shirt from Hanger, exposing the bloody mess that used to be my beautiful love.

“Can- can you fix him?” I sniffled. Jett examined the wounds.

“I think so.” I cried out in relief and sat back with some effort.

Jett’s sensitive hands fluttered over Hanger’s broken body looking for the best place to start. I looked at every one. They were perfect, to my intense relief. Libby and sully were holding hands. Max tried to smile at me and I felt the slightest feeling of optimism and happiness from him, but it didn’t work. I watched Jett. He gently laid his hands on Hanger’s chest and shut his eyes. He flinched and began moving his hands down Hanger. The wounds slowly closed up, right before my eyes. I watched in wonderment as they disappeared.

Finally, they were all gone. I grabbed Jett and dragged him over to me, crushing him in a bear hug. He was almost asleep he was so tired. I could only imagine the force he must have used. I flinched as my hurt arm flexed. I let Jett go and watched Hanger. He moaned.

“Jus’ a scratch. I’m fine.” He said, trying to sit up. I hugged him tightly and crushed my mouth against his.

“You idiot! You should have said something! I was so worried! Do not ever do that to me again! I hate you!" I sobbed, tangling my fingers into his hair. "I love you." I added, closing my eyes and holding him tightly. 

Okay guys, i think we only got one more chapter after this! Hope you liked it, lets see some comments:)