Chapter 58, Sadie

The group of men began to move in on us. I glanced at Sophia. Jett hadn’t had enough time to completely heal her, but she was going better. She had scared me. I let my muscled tighten as they came closer and closer. I wasn’t going down without a fight, and they weren’t taking any of my babies. Suddenly there was a noise so high pitched that it made my ears sing. We all covered our ears, even the guys surrounding us as it grew. I opened my eyes and barely caught the blur of some one. I realized with sudden certainty that it was Levy, running circles and making that god awful noise that was saving our butts. I gathered the kids closer. A few of the men’s eyes rolled back in their heads and they dropped to the ground, fast asleep. Max stood behind them and grinned.

 A few more dropped to the ground, convulsing with an electric shock as Liam stood there and wave at us. The ground around some caught fire and quickly climbed up the pants of the men. The danced around for a few moment before turning to run into the woods on fire. Boomer grabbed them and knocked their heads together, and then the other two he grabbed and threw them head first into a tree.Nicco and Boomer high fived. Dodger was waiting patiently against a tree, his face pinched in pain. I could only guess how Levy’s noise felt to him if it was causing this much pain to all of us.

Levy stopped moving, and ran a hand through his hair, grinning proudly. A couple of them men got up from the ground. Hanger looked at every one, but no one made a move. He sent them flying head first into each other, then let them drop limply to the ground. We all sat there, open mouthed.

“That. Was.Amazing!” Sully cried, pumping a fist into the air. Boomer dragged the man that had talked to us out in to the center of the circle as everyone converged on each other and began talking excitedly about what just happened. I gave Hanger a shaky smile. Ariadne and Roxi were kneeling on the ground with Sophia, trying to make her feel better. Libby and sully were exchanging their different views on what had just happened. Ryder and Jett were surrounded by the guys as they swing punches through the air and talked excitedly. Liam’s black hair was standing more on end than usual from his latest shock, and Nicco had a tiny pillar of smoke coming from the top of his head.

Arianna walked into the circle and every one stopped talking. She ignored us and went straight for the man that had talked to us. He lifted his head, a woozy expression on his face. His eyes widened when h e saw Arianna, then he composed himself.

“This was a stupid endeavor, Malachi.”

Malachi sneered at her. “You’re one to talk. Letting them wander free when the breaking point is so close.” Arianna’s gaze didn’t waver.

“They have nothing to fear when they have each other.” She said in a rock solid voice.

“We may be no match for them, but there are others. The creatures are stirring and they are thirsty for blood. I suggest you back down now. I’m sure the Avari can find a use for you somewhere.” He said.

“Until next time, Malachi, I think we have to go. Enjoy your battles.” Arianna sniffed, then motioned for us to follow. We left Malachi with his fallen comrades. Arianna motioned for the kids to come up with her, and they did so they could talk. The others crowded around Hanger and I.

“How did you know where to find us?”I asked. They all looked at Dodger.

“I was keeping tabs, you know, just in case.” He said, looking away. I smiled at him.

“Thanks, Dodge. I don’t think we would’ve own this time.” I said, sighing. Hanger squeezed my hand gently.

“Nah, the way you took Hanger out the other day tells me that when you get pissed you can take care of yourself.” Max said. I grinned at them.

“Levy, I don’t know what that noise was, but it was pretty cool. Minus the head ache.” I said. He grinned.

“A little trick I learned in the city.” He said. Dodger made a face.

“Yeah, real handy.”

Boomer cracked his knuckles. “That was fun. I love a good head banging time.” He said. Liam ran a hand through his hair, electricity popping loudly.

“Yeah, it’s not very often we get to do that sort of stuff.” He said. Nicco laughed.

“So, what happened?” I asked, looking up at Hanger. He shrugged.

“Two of ‘em were in the store with me and Jett, and I tipped a couple shelves to stall them.” He said. Jett turned at the sound of his name and smiled a little. Nicco shook his head.

“For little guys, they can do some pretty kick ass stuff. I saw Libby tear apart a old garden shed in the back yard for Arianna without her hands. You should’ve seen the look on the demolisher’s faces.” He said, chuckling. I hoped that this battle would be soon, but then again, I didn’t want it to ever happen.

                                                                 *******

“No more going out.” Arianna said, pursing her lips and shaking her head. I threw my hands up in the air.

“You can’t keep us cooped up in here.”  I cried, feeling like I did with my parents.

“You don’t understand. It’s far too dangerous out there, and I can’t risk losing any of you.” She said. I glared at her.

“There are seven kids, and eight seventeen year olds in this house. You expect us to just stay in here and wait to go to battle? To train and stay calm?” Arianna looked troubled.

“Essentially, yes. It wont be long. You can go out on the lawn and such, but what happened today tells me that the Avari and taking drastic measures.”

“Thosw kids and those boys survived for years while being chased by these creatures from the Avari. Little kids can handle it, and they aren’t about to give up now. Sully would have gone to full blown battle today had you guys not shown up!” I exploded.

“They barely survived! They’re parents didn’t make it, and I promised I would take care of them and teach them, the best way to do that was send them away on their own. What was happening before was just a precursor to what is going to happen.” She snapped.

“So, they’re just expendable? It’s too dangerous for them to have fun, but you’re going to send them into battle? They can’t go to a park, or to a mall like normal kids, as if their lives weren’t already messed up enough, but you’re just going to put them out there on the battle field, as if it were nothing! And the boys are chomping at the bit! They’re going to kill themselves in battle if you let them, but god forbid they go out and do what boys do!”

“Just because Elizabeth didn’t care for you the pro-” I cut her off.

“How would you know how my other cared for me? You obviously didn’t care about me, or about any of these kids You claim to care so much about, yet you let them go out on your own. How would you know?” I practically screamed.

“Letting them each go was one of the hardest things I had ever done! You will never understand why I did what I did!” she screamed. I didnt know how to repsond, a thousand arguements came to my head.

 We stood, glaring at each other, breathing raggedly. Finally, I put my head in my hand.

“I don’t want to fight with you. I just want them to be kids, for once in their life.” Arianna came closer to me, her hands spread in front of her.

“That’s what I want, and they can be, but we can’t let the whole world go to hell just because we wanted a little fun.” She said softly. I lifted my head.

“I know. It’s just, I never had what they could have, and I don’t want them to end up like this.” I said. A worldless agreement passed between us as we stared at each other, and Arianna wrapped her arm around my shoulder. Sometimes, it was just to much.

well, my pretties, I hope you liked it:D I love to see some comments;)