Chapter 63, Hanger

As soon as Sadie put her hand on my arm, I relaxed. I didn’t even realize how angry I was getting. Arianna had been so stupid! How could she think that this was something we wouldn’t need to know? Arianna was sort of like the mother I never had, and fighting with her was not my favorite thing to do. I tried to think rationally.

“I know you did it because you thought you were protecting us, but the best way to do that is to not keep information like this from us. The more we know, the better we fight. We’re not kids any more, and even the ones who really are kids aren’t anymore. They can take care of themselves and others, and fight and survive.” I looked at Jett, who I had forgotten about. He was sitting between Max and Dodger.

“I didn’t think it was true. I can’t help but be protective of you guys, but you’re right, and I’m sorry. I will no longer retain information like that form you. I just…worry, so much. I wanted all of you to grow up to a normal life. I didn’t expect another war, and when it came, so soon, I didn’t know what to do.”

Boomer shifted his weight. “Uh, I understand, I do, but we aren’t protected, and treating us like we are, is sort of redundant, don’t you think?” he suggested. Levy nodded.

“I agree. I mean, don’t get me wrong Arianna, I love you and all, but you can’t expect us to not know info on them and survive in a fight.”

“Might as well put a blindfold on us.”Said a small voice. We all looked at Jett, who had spoken. He had been sitting so quietly that I had, once again, forgotten about him. I wondered how much information this kid retained, just from eaves dropping. Liam threw Jett over his shoulder.

“The kid’s right. We have to know this. I’m going to bed.” He said, taking Jett with him. No one stopped him. The discussion was pretty much over. Max pried himself off the couch and stretched his arms. A feeling of serenity spread through all of us. They all filed out of the room after Liam, leaving Sadie, Arianna, and I. she turned to leave the room, but I put my hand on her shoulder.

“Arianna, I really am sorry. I don’t normally get like that.” She gave me a little smile.

“I know, and I’m sorry. I should have told you. Especially when I knew I had two rebels like you two who would sneak out of the house at night.” She said, eyeing us. Sadie smiled at her. “I’ll see you two in the morning.” She said and went off to bed. Sadie put her and on the side of face and turned my head so she could see where the scratch had been. A smile played around her lips. “The boy’s got talent.” She murmured. I took her hand and we went to our bedroom.

                                                                              ******

I woke up early in the morning and shielded my eyes from the ray of sun that was hitting my eyes. The bathroom door opened and Sadie came out, her hair still wet from a shower. She smiled at me.

“Morning. You’d better hurry up. The twins are fighting. Ariadne and Roxi can’t find Sophia, Libby’s mad at Ryder and is out back taking the new shed apart, and Sully and Jett are with Jasper and Arianna. The rest of the guys are still asleep.” I looked at her.

“Why are you so calm when everything is going to hell?’ I asked, getting up. She shrugged.

“I’m used to it, I guess. The twins are gonna kill each other though, so you better go break them up.” She said. She came up to me and tilted her head up so she could see my face better. She sighed and pushed the hair out of my eyes. I kissed her, and she stepped back and gestured for me to leave, then went back into the bathroom. I put a black t-shirt on and went out. I immediately heard the twins fighting loudly. Something crashed to the floor. The kitchen was empty, so I assumed Arianna and Jasper had taken Poor Sully and Jett into town or something.

I went into the living room, and sure enough, the twins were fighting. Nicco had Liam in a head lock, but Liam twisted out of it and pinned Nicco to the floor. Nicco rolled over and swung at his brother, but missed. I stood in the door way and watched. They rolled into a table, and an expensive looking vase teetered precariously, then toppled over the edge. I stopped it an inch from Liam’s face and let it hang there. Both of their eyes traveled from the vase to where I stood in the door way, leaning against the door jam. They smiled, and Liam let go of Nicco’s bright red hair. The stood up and brushed themselves off, glaring at each other for a moment. I raised an eye brow.

“He ate everything before I even got up.” Nicco said dryly. I ran a hand through my hair.

“It’s a miracle you guys didn’t wake any one up.” I put the vase back and looked at the one that I was too late for. The rest of the room seemed fine.

“Arianna will be back soon, and I swear to god if you two start fighting again I’m gonna let Boomer play. Seriously, it’s annoying.” I said walking away. I walked past a window, then stopped and leaned back to look out the window. Libby was sitting on the ground, quietly. It took me a minute to realize that she was taking the new shed apart piece by piece, stacking the nails in a neat little row. I doubted I could do that. It would give me a massive head ache just trying to get all the pieces to go back In their place. I went outside and stood behind her and watched.

“How do you do that?’ I asked. She jumped, and a board splintered. She craned her neck to look up at me. She shrugged.

“It’s like a puzzle.” She said and went back to it. I loosened a board, then tried to put a nail through it like she was doing. It gave me a head ache, so I let it go.

“What did Ryder do this time?” I asked, sitting on the ground next to her. She sighed. “He kept making fun of me, saying that I and Sully were going to get married and all.” She looked at me with her wide brown eyes.

“Did anyone ever make fun of you when you first were Sadie’s boyfriend?” she said ungrammatically. I shook my head, and she sighed again.

“I didn’t think so. They were probably too afraid. Anyways, he wouldn’t leave me alone, and I got mad. Sully went with Jett and Arianna.” She said.

“Why are you taking it out on the shed?”

She looked at the shed, which was now a pile of neatly stacked wood and nails.

“I dunno. Sadie said that if I took the house apart she’d kill me or something.” She said in a sad voice. I heard the back door open and close. I turned around to see who was coming. Sully was coming across the yard towards us, the wind playing with his blonde hair. Libby glanced at me, and I smiled a little at her. “I’m gonna go make sure the twins didn’t ruin the living room.” I said, standing up. I nodded at Sully as we passed each other.

Oooooh little kid romance<3 Anyways....hope you liked it:)