Chapter 81, Hanger

I pried my eyes open and shut them again. Sophia was setting on my chest, staring at my face. Wasn’t it too early for this? Suddenly, all the memories from…who knew when came rushing back. My eyes flew open. Sophia grinned at me and threw her arms around my neck. I finally caught on to the pain where she was sitting.

“Oh, Hanger! You’re awake! Oh it was awful!” she opened her mouth to launch into the story when I heard the door open. Where was I? Sophia frowned. I didn’t bother turning my head. First of all, I was trying to remember exactly what happened, and second, I could tell the footsteps were Sadie’s.

“Sophia, get off of his chest. Jett said he would still be sensitive.” right then, Sadie's irritated voice sounded like what I imagined an angels to sound like.

Sophia pouted but crawled off. Sadie looked pointedly at the door, and she scampered out. I turned my head. Sadie rushed to my side and knelt to her knees so we were face to face. We didn’t say anything bits and pieces were coming back. I couldn’t distinguish what was nightmare and what was real. Sadie smiled at me.

“We won.” she said shakily.

I smiled back. We could finally have a break. I didn’t want to focus on that just then. Sadie scowled at me.

“I bet you think it was real heroic of you to go and take on that thing by yourself. Well, let me tell you-” I pushed my face that extra inch and kissed her. I felt her lips soften undermine. We slowly broke apart, and she leaned her forhead against mine.

"I thought I was going to lose you  for good." she muttered, not meeting my eyes.

"You'll have to try harder than that to get rid of me." I said, and a small smile played around her lips. 

"We killed it. that dog thing. It...attacked you....but it's gone now." she said, and I could hear the genuine relief in her voice.

"How is everyone else?" I asked, memories still flooding back.

"They're all fine...a little shaken up, but nothing Jett couldnt fix." she explianed, sounding releived. "Why did you try and take that thing by yourself?" she whispered, and I frowned.

"That creature....its been a long time, Sadie. I've been waiting a long time. If I didnt kill it, it would kill someone. It could kill you. And if that happened...." I trailed off, not able to bear the thought of a life without her.

She traced the scars on my arm.

“But I’m alive. And we won, and all of the kids are safe.” She kissed me again and pushed the hair out of my eyes. There was a loud crashing sound somewhere in the house. I realized we were back at the house. In our room. But it had change. It was now the crimson color red, lined with black. It sounds bad, but it actually made a lot of sense. It’s hard to explain. Sadie stood up and rolled her eyes. I tried to sit up, and a burning sensation ripped through me. I bit my lip and swing my legs over. Sadie pushed on my chest.

“Hanger, stop. It was pretty bad, and Jett did all he could but he said you would be pretty sore. Seriously, lie back down.” I looked down at me chest and abdomen. There were scars. Scars that hadn’t been there before. Great. I ground my teeth together and stood up. Sadie bit her lip.

“You look better. At first you were all pale. I was terrified.” I raised my eye brow.

“How long was I out?”she bit her lip. She sighed and handed me a black shirt.

“Two days. Fine, but you have to be careful. Don’t let the kids jump on you or anything. They’ve been really worried. And the guys never shut up. The twins fought the entire time. No thanks to Max.” she said, sounding worried, with an edge of irritation.

I smiled down at her. It was finally over. I hadn’t seen Sadie so relaxed in a long time. She started to walk out the door. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. Her lips parted beneath mine and I breathed in her scent. I suddenly remembered the lion thing, and her arm. I held her arm and looked at it. There was nothing but a small scar. She smiled at me and kissed my neck.

“I love you. Do not ever do that to me again.”

I smiled at her, tangling my hand into her hair, and kissed her, hard. She pulled away, but kept ehr hand in mine as we went to the living room. My side ached, but I needed to see everyone with my own eyes and know they were okay.

Everyone went silent when we walked in. The kids all jumped up, and Sadie gave them a look. They slowed down and came up.

"You should have seen the blood!” Ryder cried.

“Oh my god, I did this awesome round his kick and took this little thing right out.” Ariadne added. They told me all about their awesome battle skills until Sadie told them to go into the kitchen. Jett smiled at me, then followed the other kids out. Arianna came up and hugged me gently.

“Goodness, you scared us.” She said patting my stomach in a very motherly manner. Jasper just smiled at me. The guys stood around me.

“Dude, it was pretty nasty. That thing was fun to play with. I had to give it all I had.” Liam said.

“Jeez, and then those stupid little bug things? Anyways, I don’t know how you could deal with them for eleven years.” Max added.

“Aw, you should have seen all the blood. It was pretty nasty.” Boomer added. I was really beginning to wonder why they all seemed so pleased with the amount of blood loss I suffered.

                                                                             ******

I had been completely filled in on the battle. Every one told me everything. I probably knew more about the battle than they did. Sadie flinched when they got into the more gruesome details, but never left my side. We were now seated in our living room again. Arianna held up her hands and everyone went silent.

“What happened to Malachi?” Dodger asked before she could say anything. She shook her head.

“I don’t know. When we did our search nothing came up. They disappeared, along with a few of the beasts. We won, with no casualties as I expected. I am very, very proud. We will have to plan some form of party. Oh, I have some people who are great party planners.” She said, getting distracted. She waved her hand as if to shoo away the thought.

“So… what does this mean?” Sully asked.

She looked around the room at all of us, her new family, and mine. Her friendly eyes took in our faces.

“It isn’t over. We may  have angered them. There will be more. The Avari will not give up. Many of my family and friends have been injured or killed my them, and they will pay.” Her eyes came to a rest on me before moving on to the others. “I rarely forgive, and I never forget. We will fight, until they day that we all die, we will not give up. We will never give up.” She said, her eyes scanning the room around us. I followed her gaze, my eyes coming to a stop on Sadie.

It didnt seem so long ago that she was dragging me out of that castle. Looking at everyone, even the little kids, something was different. They all had a new air around them. They understood. Or maybe that was just Max, messing with me.

Whatever the reason, I knew that something had changed. For better, or for worse, and there was no going back now.

We had still had things to do.

This is it, guys.

This is the end.

No more Lonely.

I want to thank all of you, any one who ever read this, who ever commented or voted, everyone who supported me and made me forge ahead, even when this story seemed like a lost cause. It may not be the most popular book on Wattpad, but I'm proud of it, and I cant thank you all enough.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Lonely. It was the first story I ever completed, and it would mean alot for some feed back. Thank you all, again:)

Until next time.

Keep reading,

Lyd xx