Chapter 53, Hanger

Sorry I havent updated in a wihile!! I've been so busy working on my other one at the same time! but I'll be better, I promise. Vote, comment,fan, whatever you like!!;)

hen I walked into the room with Jett at my side, Sadie was already there, calming Ariadne and Sophia down. Sophia had turned a brilliant shade of red, but as I watched he turned purple and hung her head. Thunder cracked off in the distance, but the sun shone overhead now.  Roxi was finding funny videos on her streams then telling them to Sully, who typed them in on his computer. Finally, Sadie had all of the kids seated in chairs on the edge of the room, except Ryder, who refused to leave the twins sides. She ran a hand through her hair, then spied me. She smiled that brilliant smiled and came over. Jett scurried past her and sat next to Roxi.

Sadie opened her mouth to say something, but the door burst open and Arianna strode in with a man behind her. He was average height, with sandy blonde hair spiked up in the front. He had his hands shoved deep in his pockets, and looked to be about Arianna’s age. Sadie pulled me down on the floor beside her and kissed my cheek. “You need to relax.” She whispered in my ear. I hadn’t even realized that I was tense. I relaxed against her touch as laced her fingers into mine. Arianna stood in the middle of the room with the man beside her, looking rather sheepish. She smiled at all of us. “I’d like to introduce you to my husband, Jasper.” The room was silent. I hadn’t known that Arianna had a husband.

“Aw. That means I’ve been hitting on you for nothing.” Levy joked. Sadie shook her head, but was smiling, while the rest of us just cracked up. Arianna smiled indulgently at them, then took the blondes hand. “He was out getting a place squared away for us to stay for a while, so he couldn’t be here.” Jasper smiled at us as Arianna pointed at us as she introduced us, pointing at each one. Afterwards, she sat down at the head of the room with Jasper. “AS you all know, you were brought here for a battle. A battle for a war a long time in the making. I chose all of you because each and every one of you had someone who died in the first war.” No one really looked surprised. I hadn’t known that, but I wasn’t really surprised. I couldn’t remember it anyways. Sadie looked shocked though. “Not me. I have both of my parents.” Arianna looked aggrieved. “Your father died while your mother was still pregnant with you. I so sorry. I thought for sure that Elizabeth would have told you. She remarried just after you were born, then left out world behind.” Sadie looked horrified. I squeezed her hand and she leaned against my shoulder. “Are you telling me that the man I grew up knowing was my father isn’t? That my mother lied to me my entire life?” Arianna nodded slowly. All eyes were trained on Sadie. She shook her head.

“I have to go. I’ll be back.” She said. I stood up to go with her, but she shook her head. Before she could say anything, Arianna spoke up. “You can’t leave now. We need to talk. It’s desperately important.” She said, standing up as if to stop Sadie. Bad idea, I knew. Sadie glared at her, and Arianna stopped dead and abruptly sat down again, looking confused. Jasper patted Arianna’s arm and chuckled. “You certainly are Elizabeth’s daughter. Go ahead. We’ll talk to you later.” He said. Sadie looked grateful. I followed her out of the room and down the hall and into the bedroom. She sat down on the bed and stared at her hands. “I cannot believe it.” She said simply. I pulled her to her feet and wrapped my arms around her.  I could feel her soft sobs on my shirt. “Years and years of fighting and guilt over not loving him! Why did she even keep him around? Why?” she wailed. I stroked her hair and tightened my arms around her protectively. I knew I never liked her dad. “It’s all okay.  Be happy. If you didn’t love him it’s because you knew, deep down. You loved your mother, correct?” she nodded against my shirt. “It’s okay.” We sat down on the bed and I rocked he back and forth. Even though her mother probably had her reasons, I couldn’t help but hate her for bringing this out in Sadie.

Slowly, Sadie stopped crying. She put a hand on my chest. “I ruined your shirt.” She said, sniffling. I wiped a tear off of her cheek. “I must look like hell.” She said and tried to get up. I held onto her and kissed her lips. “Go tell Arianna I’m sorry, will you? I’ll talk to her later, but I don’t think I can face her now.” She said. I kissed her forehead and stood up. I opened the door and almost slammed into the guys. I growled under my breath.

“What in the hell are you doing?” I snarled. Max yawned. “We were worried about you two. She alright?” I nodded tersely. “Go on. I need to see Arianna. Where is she?” Boomer jerked his thumb down the hall. “In the kitchen, hopefully whipping up some more food.” He said. Max reached for the door knob to our room. “She’ll kill you, I promise.” I warned. Max let his hand drop. I walked down the hall with the guys at my heels. “You want us to fill you in, man?” Levy offered. I shook my head. “Nah, i think Arianna was gonna talk to us later.” I said. The nodded and veered off to go to the living room, where I could hear the shrikes of Sadie’s group as the guys started play fighting with them. In the kitchen, Arianna was leaning over a bowl with some sort of dough inside. She didn’t hear me enter, and startled when she realized I was standing across from her. “Sadie wanted to let you know how sorry she is, and she is going to talk to you later.” I said. Arianna gave me a weak smile. “No, she was right. I should have known better than to spring something like that on her and expect her to be fine with it.

“She’ll be alright, and she is going to want to know what the meeting was about if you don’t mind.” I said. Arianna smiled again. “Of course. We’ll talk later tonight.” With that she turned back to whatever she was making, and I left. I poked my head into the living room, but all of the kids had gone. Liam and Nicco were fighting on the floor, Max was sleeping as usual, and the others were watching and placing bets on which one of the twins would win the fight. I kept going down the hall to our room. The door was slightly open, nudged it open slowly. Sadie was on the bed still, but this time she had seven kids piled on top and around her. They stroked her hair and rubbed her back and cooed softly to her as if she was the child and they were the adults. Sully looked up as I entered the room, and slowly disentangled himself from the others. He stood in front of me. “We just came to check on her.” He said, looking down. I almost smiled. I patted his shoulder as I walked past him and stood in front of Sadie. Six more pairs of eyes turned my direction then lowered. Arianna called something from the kitchen. “Go on, or else the boys will eat all the food.” Sadie said, stroking the black and blue haired girls head. They smiled and left the room one by one. When we were alone, Sadie smiled, looking much better. “The boys told them that I was upset.” She said. She stood up and stood on her tip toes to kiss me. I wrapped me arms around her waist and held her closer.

We broke apart and she stroked my cheek. “I’m going to take a shower, and then we can do something.” She said and went into the bathroom. I wondered what something was going to be, and hoped it involved getting out of the mansion that made me feel like a prisoner.