𝟎𝟏𝟓

You're sitting on your couch watching Gossip Girl when a knock pulls your attention. You grab the remote from the coffee table and pause the show, getting up and moving towards the door. You look in the peephole and lower yourself back down, unlocking the door.

You plaster a soft smile on your face as you open the door, meeting eyes with the one person you haven't seen in weeks. Mia.

"Hi," you say. You open the door wider and motion for her to come in. She purses her lips and waltzes in, her arms locked behind her back awkwardly.

You close the door and focus your attention on her, a saddened expression overtaking her face. You brush past her and sit down on the arm of the couch, placing your hand on hers. "So, how are you?" you ask.

She hesitates for a moment, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth. "We broke up," she states plainly.

You stare at her in disbelief, your mouth opening slightly at her words. You knew her and Julia weren't in a good place, but you thought they would resolve the issues they had going on and go back to being a happy couple. That's what you thought.

"What happened?" you lilt, rubbing her arm.

"I started realizing that my feelings weren't for her," she pauses. She places her hand on yours and begins brushing her thumb over your skin. "They're for you."

Your eyes flick up at her and you begin shaking your head. Your eyes scrunch together in confusion and anger. You told her you liked her before she got together with Julia, but she failed to listen to you. You've moved on, and you so strongly believed she did so as well.

You take your hand away, continuously shaking your head as you stand up. "Mia," you pause. "I can't."

She stands up and follows you, mimicking the steps you take back. You draw in a long breath and push a piece of hair out of your face, already beginning to stress over the sudden confession.

"Why not?" We- I've waited so long," she states, raising her voice as she expresses her feelings.

You would usually have no issue with someone expressing how they feel about you towards you, but you're talking to Spencer right now and Mia has been... well M.I.A.

"Do you remember the night we graduated? You remember that? When I told you that I liked you and you just laughed it off," you scoff, placing your hands on your hips.

Her face turns down, guilt draining any color that filled it. "I- - I thought you were drunk."

"No, I wasn't."

You laugh quietly, almost sounding bitter and evil. You chew on your lip, tasting a small amount of blood on your tongue. You wipe away the warm feeling and continue staring at Mia, who was trembling in her stance.

"I've moved on though, i'm s-"

"He doesn't want you, Y/N. Don't be so stupid," she pleads.

You smile uneasily and sarcastically at her, in complete awe at her incredulously-stupid remarks. She's jealous, and she's letting it get to her. She never acts this way- it's the effects of a breakup that turn her this way.

"Get out, Mia," you growl. "Please get out."

"I'm sorry Y/N I just-"

"Get out!" you exclaim, rubbing your fingers against your eyebrows.

She wipes away the tears that fall down her cheek and begins trudging along, making her way out of the door.

You blink away the tears that are threatening to come out and walk towards the door, watching her descend the stairs. You close the door aggressively and grab a pillow from your couch, letting out a muffled scream into it.