𝟎𝟎𝟗

You sat up and rubbed your eyes, the sliver of light from your windows beaming in. You turned your head to see if Spencer was still there, and he was, staring at you.

"Hey." You groaned, laying back down on your mattress. "How'd you sleep?" you continued, turning over to see his honey eyes staring into yours. He looked so beautiful like this, the way his hair was messy and his lips were more plump than usual.

"Good. Your bed is comfortable." He spoke in a low register, taking a piece of your hair and placing it behind your ear. "You snore a little but it's cute." He laughed innocently, his wide smile causing the corners of his eyes to crease.

You sheathed your face with your hands, the intense blush creeping onto your face, "Noo." You cried. You didn't think you snored, at least that's what Mia would tell you... but maybe she told you that to try and make you feel better.

He removed your hands from your face, the smile still tugging at his lips, "Snoring is quite unusual for women, you know. Although forty percent of men snore in their sleep, only twenty-four of women snore in their sleep." the confidence in his voice died down as he saw the small frown appear on your face, but he still continued, " Forty percent of women who claim they don't snore actually do." He gulped down, moving his face closer to yours.

"Sorry. I- It comes out." He pursed his lips, his breath hitting your face. "It's okay." You whispered, moving a curly piece of hair from his face. He laid there looking at you, his hand still placed on the side of your face constantly rubbing your cheek with his thumb.

Your mind wandered off to why he was asking you to stay. He sounded so vulnerable in the moment- in pain, like he was recovering from something. You wanted to know why.

"Spence," you asked, your eyes glancing down to his lips and back up to his eyes. "What did you mean by "please stay?"" You probably sounded dumb to him. He could've simply asked you to stay in bed with him because he wanted to cuddle, but you knew it was something more than that.

His eyebrows furrowed, the look of 'are you dumb' splattering all over his face. "I... just wanted you to stay in bed with me." he replied, his words uneasy like he was trying to get himself to believe it.

"Then why did... You- Never mind."

"Tell me."

"You," you paused, not wanting to give yourself away, "You said you hoped I would stay. That you haven't had luck with girls before and you wanted me to stay."

He backed up, getting up from the bed. "I didn't say that." His eyes ignited with anger, the sudden acknowledgement that you snooped through his phone. "I only said "Please stay"."

He moved around to your bedside table and grabbed the sweatshirt underneath yours, putting his arms through their designated holes.

"Did you look through my phone?" he quavered, his toned stomach visible as he spoke before putting his head through the sweater.

You got up as well, facing him. You gulped down the lump in your throat, trying to swallow down your heart, "I-It kept pinging and I-" you didn't bother finishing your sentence, the 'relationship' was already over.

"Y/N you don't do that." He moved closer to your, moving you against the empty wall in your room.

"Why the hell did you do that?" he reprimanded, the emphasis on 'hell' scaring you. You were seeing a different side of him, a side you never knew he had.

"S-Sorry." you muttered, a tear already falling down your cheek. You were an awfully emotional person, something you never grew out of in elementary school.