𝟎𝟎𝟑

"What are you doing tonight?" Spencer queried through the phone. Spencer had gone out on a case right after your 'date', which bummed you out because you wanted to spend more time with him, but he was an FBI agent so what could he really do about that?

He managed to call and check up on you every couple of hours though and it made you smile, he was so interested in the small things you did and he never seemed bored about your repeated answers, still trying his best to give you ideas on what to do until you found a job.

"Mia's here actually. We're drinking some wine and we're probably going to finish watching the harry potter movies." you answered, picking up your wine glass and drinking the red wine Mia bought before coming over.

"Well I hope you guys have fun. I have to go back to work so i'll call you later." he sighed, releasing a tired breath.

He had been working the case for a good three days now and he said that every time they thought they had a lead, it was a dead end.

"I wish you luck on finding that bastard. Goodnight Spencer, don't stress yourself out too much." you replied softly, your tone of voice weary and benevolent.

You put your phone down, expecting him to hang up, "Awe do you want to kiss him? Cuddle him and give him a massage after his loongg case?" Mia teased, faking a puppy face then laughing as she saw your expression sadden.

"Maybe." you began to blush like a fifth grader, sheathing your face from her as the red tint on your cheeks intensified, "Shut up, you know i'm starting to-"

"Y/N?!" Mia spoke in a loud whisper, directing her finger towards your phone, her hands reaching up and covering her mouth.

"Please tell me you didn't hear any of that?" you whimpered, your stomach filling with butterflies as you put the phone up to your ear.

"I- I yes I did." he giggled, his laughs syncing up with Mia's. "It was cute though Y/N, don't worry about it."

"Goodbye Spencer." you rolled your eyes, making sure to hang up this time.

You groaned, getting up and pacing back and forth in the kitchen, muttering 'What the hell did I do' to yourself.

"Oh come on Y/N, he liked it, stop complaining." she reached for your phone, turning it on and trying to show you the text messages you were receiving from Spencer.

"He likes you."

"THAT WAS EMBARRASSING THOUGH MIA!" you shouted, biting your fingernails from the excessive worrying.

You had just met spencer and you already found a way to embarrass yourself. Yeah he said it was "cute" but was he saying that to make you feel less stupid?

You finally processed what Mia told you, noticing that she said he sent you messages.

"Give me my phone." you objected, running over to the island and grabbing your phone from her hand and turning it on, immediately checking your messages.

Spencer: Y/N i'm sorry for laughing. It was cute, trust me.
sent : 8:30pm

Spencer: Don't feel bad. 28% of people forget to hang up the phone after phone calls... which doesn't prove my point but I just want you to know that it's fine.
sent: 8:31 pm

Spencer: Let me make it up to you:) We're wrapping up the case tomorrow morning and then we come back the same day.
sent: 8:33 pm

Your stomach filled with butterflies once again, your thumbs fighting over the keyboard as you bit the inside of your cheek.

Y/N: see you then:)
sent: 8:40 pm