5│HOMETOWN HERO

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʜᴏᴍᴇᴛᴏᴡɴ ʜᴇʀᴏ ꒱

❝ HOW MUCH WORSE
CAN IT GET? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Jack was doodling on Juliet's notebook and the girl pushed his hand away multiple times in an attempt to thwart his efforts in messing up her notes. This only encouraged the boy and caused the redhead to giggle whenever he was successful. 

"Stop it, Jackie," she protested as he drew a straight-ish line. "Don't draw anything obscene."

"I wouldn't dream of it, Ocean Eyes," he answered with a smirk, curving his line into an oblong shape that resembled a certain. . . male body part.

"Jack!" the girl exclaimed as warmth rushed to her face. The blond ignored her and continued the parallel line to connect it to a strange sort of circle with two large, squiggly shapes attached on either side. 

"It's just an elephant," he reprimanded her gently. "Don't be so dirty-minded."

"Whatever," she huffed as the bell rang.

"Don't forget, lab reports by the end of the day. No extensions, no exception. Any sad stories, you can try. I'm always up for a laugh," their teacher reminded the class.

As Juliet put her books in her bag, Jack swung his over his shoulder and waited so he could wrap an arm around her. "You wanna know why chemistry's my favorite class?"

"Sure, why?"

He leaned over and pressed a kiss to the side of her head. "'Cause we have it together."

The redhead beamed happily at him as they walked towards the door, only for their progress to be stopped by Dr. Sorrell. "Jack, I wanted to make sure you didn't need an extension? I know with your travelling writing a paper can be hard, so there's no need to worry about the deadline if you can't make it—"

"Not to worry, Dr. Sorrell," Jack stopped the man. He swung his bag down and rooted through it. "It's right here." He passed his folder to their teacher, who gave a nod of approval.

"I can return this to you right now with an A if you'd like," Dr. Sorrell offered.

"No, it's alright," the blond reassured him, "it's some of my best work."

"Then I'll be delighted to read it. Now, is your girlfriend all set with her own paper?"

"Yes, his girlfriend is," Juliet interrupted them, "I put it on your desk before class began."

"Excellent. I'll see you two next class then."

"Bye, Dr. Sorrell," they said in unison before the pair exited the classroom.

Across the room, Shawn and Cory watched the exchange and then the following one with the jock, Tommy.

"That's not fair," Shawn grumbled as he glared at the door where Jack had left. "Montacute gets in his good books 'cause he's rich and then Julie's there by association."

"Yeah, well, at least they did their work," Cory said, "he let that jock off the hook without proof."

"I didn't even know there was a paper. So, what do we tell Sorrell?"

"The truth."

"And what is it this time?" Shawn asked.

"That aliens abducted us," Cory answered.