16│IF YOU CAN'T BE WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ
ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꒱

❝ I'M NOT A WITNESS,
I'M A VICTIM [ . . . ] ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet lingered next to her friend's desk as Topanga packed up her bag. In an effort to distract the girl, she glanced over at Mr. Feeny. "So. Feudalism, huh?"

Straightening, the blonde slung her bag over her shoulder as she gave the redhead a faint smile. "I know what you're doing, Peaches."

"I'm not doing anything," Juliet countered, lying through her teeth. "I think feudalism is fascinating."

"Even I think it's boring," Topanga retorted as she scooped up her books before the pair made for the doorway. "You're trying to distract me."

"That's totally not what I'm doing," the redhead said evenly. "If you don't want to talk about feudalism what else do you want to talk about?"

Ignoring her friend's eyeroll, Juliet followed Topanga out of the classroom as she proposed the next topic: "so, are you going to Kimberly Sussman's party tonight?"

The redhead groaned. "Unfortunately. Shawn's making me go. Apparently, seeing us together is 'what the people want,'" she complained, adding air quotes for emphasis. "Those were his words, not mine."

Before the other girl could respond, Cory called over to them: "have a nice weekend, Topanga!"

The blonde turned to give him a faint smile and replied, "you too, Cory," before she faced forward again to carry on their conversation as if nothing had happened. "Well, I was planning on going—"

"Oh, you were?" Juliet asked, relieved. "That's great! You can save me."

"Oh yeah? And how am I supposed to do that?"

She thought for a moment before she beamed at her friend and grasped Topanga's arm pleadingly. "Well, we both know Cory's probably going to be there and he can be your excuse not to stay. I know it's kind of exploiting your feelings but if you act put off by him being there I can escape with you!"

"First of all," Topanga corrected her, "it isn't kind of. It is." She ignored the girl's guilty look. "And second, can't you just tell Shawn you don't want to go?"

"I've already tried that." Juliet sighed. "He's being very stubborn. Please, Panga? You're my only hope. I don't care about Kimberly's sixth nose."

The blonde grinned slightly. "I think it's only her third, Peaches. Fine, I'll think about it."

Juliet's expression brightened and she threw her arms around her friend. "You're the best!"

"Yeah, yeah," Topanga said as she patted her friend on the back. "I haven't agreed to it yet."

🌎🌎🌎

The party was exceedingly boring. Even with Shawn and Angela there, all Juliet wanted to do was leave. The redhead sighed and sank into a nearby chair to lean her head on her hand as she watched everyone else hang out.

The door opened sometime later to reveal Topanga and she perked up, half-rising from her chair before the blonde approached the curly-haired boy. She straightened the rest of the way as the two exchanged a few words before the girl headed over to the food table where Angela was standing with Kimberly. As Topanga left the pair, Juliet made a dash to her friend's side and slipped her arm into the other girl's as they made their way out of the party.