22│BOY MEETS GIRL

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙᴏʏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛs ɢɪʀʟ ꒱

❝ IT'LL ALWAYS BE YOU, ME
& CORY FOR EVER & EVER ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The screen lit up the dark room as the video about the human body played on it. A woman's narration described the images as they were shown: "'hormones, the telegraph system of the body. Sometime between the ages of nine and sixteen they will start to tell your body to change very fast.'"

"This movie's rated H for hurl," Cory said.

For once, Juliet was in agreement. "Or for dumb."

"Miss Capelwood, Mr. Matthews, calm down and watch the film," Mr. Feeny reprimanded them.

The video continued: "'the changes won't all be physical. Sometimes you'll feel like you're on an emotional rollercoaster. For instance, you may occasionally feel aggressive or weepy.'"

"Shawn," Cory fake-sniffed. "I'm feeling so vulnerable. Do you have a tissue?"

Shawn laughed as Mr. Feeny shushed them again.

"'Girls, you'll get your hormonal telegram well ahead of your boy classmates. Be patient while they catch up to you. Eventually, everyone hears the Morse Code of puberty,'" the woman's voice said.

"I've got your telegram right here," Shawn smirked and gave an armpit fart.

"This film is meant to help you understand the metamorphosis your bodies will soon be going through," Mr. Feeny said sternly as he turned off the TV.

"How? That movie's a hundred years old. The telegram boy was played by George Burns."

"I welcome the changes that will transform me from a caterpillar into a butterfly," Topanga stated confidently.

"You say butterfly, I say a hairball with wings," Shawn remarked and both boys let out a loud ha!

The familiarity of the gesture made Juliet smile. Wait when did the boys being stupid make her smile? She quickly shook her head to clear it. And it wasn't just the boys, the voice in her head continued, heedless of the effect it was having on her.

Shut up, she thought harshly.

"Yes, there will be side effects. But those, thank goodness, will be the province of your seventh-grade teacher," Mr. Feeny was saying.

"If it happens."

"Oh, it will happen."

"Maybe, maybe not. . ."

Juliet tuned out their conversation. Next to her, Shawn had knocked his pencil on the floor. A girl who sat on the other side of him, Hillary, reached down to pick it up. As they both moved to return to a sitting position, their eyes met.

Oh.

"And Shawn and Juliet are with me on this thing the whole way. Right, Shawn?" The boy didn't respond and Cory tried snapping his fingers in front of the his face. "Shawn? Shawn?"

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet had been feeling weird all morning and had kept a up a constant string of cursing towards Mr. Feeny's dumb video that would've made her mom put soap in her mouth.