9│CLASS PRE-UNION

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄʟᴀss ᴘʀᴇ-ᴜɴɪᴏɴ ꒱

❝ YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND.
THERE'S REALLY NO OTHER
WAY TO DESCRIBE IT 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Taxation without representation," Mr. Feeny said. "King George."

"We provide colonists with all of their finished manufactured goods," Stuart said, dressed as a king.

"General Washington."

"Fine," Cory replied; he was wearing a tricorner hat to resemble the Founding Fathers. "Like we need your stinkin' British goods. We're Americans, we're independent. We'll get our goods from Japan."

Juliet laughed with the class at the oxymoron.

Mr. Feeny didn't join in. "General, I'm dying for you to elaborate."

"What's the point, Mr. Feeny? We all know we kicked British butt."

"Winners and losers aside, General, if we do not understand history, we are doomed to repeat it."

"Oh, who cares about George Washington. Or King George," Cory complained. "Was every boring guy in history named George?" he asked before he turned to their teacher with wide eyes. "I meant every boring dead guy."

"Apparently the past holds no interest for you."

"No. It's happened, it's done."

"It's history," Mr. Feeny agreed.

"I'm saying!"

"Perhaps we should study your history, Mr. Matthews?"

"History? I have no history. I'm eleven! I'm more interested in my future."

Mr. Feeny stood. "Then it might be more interesting to look into our futures and see if we can avoid mistakes before they happen."

"I smell an assignment," Shawn commented.

"I swear I didn't see it coming," Cory said as he sat back down.

"The assignment for all of you is to create personal histories for yourselves as if you were returning for your twentieth high school reunion."

"More like a pre-union," Minkus commented.

"Well said, Mr. Minkus. You are the graduating class of the year 2000. What is your profession? Do you have children? Are those children tormenting their sixth grade teacher?"

"Mr. Feeny, would it be alright if I brought my wife?" Minkus asked as he stood.

Shawn laughed. "Oh, come on, Minkus. What would marry you?"

The blond boy turned to the girl in the back corner. "Juliet," he declared with a smile.

The class oohed as Juliet shrunk in her seat. "Minkus, I've said this before—"

"—she's going to be too busy marrying me," Shawn cut in as he glared at the blond.

"Shawn!"

"Trust me, babe. I've seen the future and it's me," Minkus said. He glowered back at the dark-haired boy.

"I'm going to marry her first," Shawn snapped, "and she'll be too happy with me to give you a second thought."

Juliet sighed and shrunk further in her seat, already planning her future.

🌎🌎🌎