8│CHASING JULIET

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴊᴜʟɪᴇᴛ ꒱

❝ SHAWN'S IN THE CLOSET 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Cory and Topanga were sitting at their usual table in Chubbie's as they watched Shawn on a date with another girl. A few booths over, Juliet read the book of Shakespeare sonnets by herself. As Shawn's date enthusiastically finished her cheer, Cory's patience ran out. "I got to tell him."

"Shawn told you not to interfere with his personal life," Topanga reminded him.

"But Topanga, this is the woman of his dreams, okay? The woman he could spend the rest of his life with. I don't consider that personal," Cory told her. He stood and walked over to where Shawn was kissing his date. "Shawn, Shawn, let the nice lady breathe. I need to talk to you about Juliet."

The boy stood and moved away from the booth. "This better be important."

"Do you consider the purse girl important?"

"Yes," he replied without hesitation.

"Everything that was in that purse, okay? The books of poetry, the Vivaldi, the Van Damme ticket stub, it was all her."

"Who?"

"Juliet. All that stuff belongs to Juliet."

"The purse belonged to Beth," Shawn corrected him, hardly allowing himself to believe his words. It was impossible, wasn't it, that the items he'd grown attached to belonged to the same girl he'd loved all his life? That he might have a chance to have what Cory and Topanga had?

"No," Topanga said as she joined them. "Juliet borrowed Angela's purse who borrowed it from Beth. But that's none of our business now is it, Cory?"

"No, it's not our business at all," Cory replied. "What are you going to do about it, mister?"

"Nothing," Shawn said. "Juliet and I went out for two weeks. You'd think I would know if those items belonged to my best friend."

"Shawn, listen. Juliet's everything you've ever wanted in a girl, okay? Just look into her eyes," the curly-haired boy suggested.

As much as he wanted to believe his best friend (because wouldn't that just be perfect?) nothing in his life had ever worked out like that. Still, he made his way over to his best friend's booth but started suddenly when he noticed the novel she was holding. "Is this. . . is this a book of sonnets?"

Juliet's eyes flicked away from the page to look at him and she sighed. "Great, now you know what I'm getting you for Christmas." She paused. "Why are you giggling?"

"Am I?"

"What's the matter with you?" the redhead asked with concern.

Shawn turned away from her to look at the couple, smiling like crazy. Cory nodded to the girl. "Look into her eyes."

Shawn faced her again and did as he was told, blue meeting blue. Juliet tilted her head slightly in confusion. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I've always looked at you like this," he replied softly.

🌎🌎🌎

Shawn met up with Cory the next day at school after having successfully avoided Juliet for most of the morning. The curly-haired boy greeted him cheerfully: "hey, Shawn's in love. You call her?"