19│QUIZ SHOW

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ǫᴜɪᴢ sʜᴏᴡ ꒱

❝ HOW COME I
CAN'T BE QUEEN? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet sat next to Topanga in two of the four seats on the stage of High School Quiz Show. The producers and stage crew were busy setting up for the episode while Mr. Feeny spoke to one of the managers.

"What do you mean, forfeit?" Mr. Feeny asked. "My team doesn't know the meaning of the word forfeit."

"Look, High School Quiz Show has been on the air for thirty-six years. We are an institution. We've always had four players per team and we're not about to change that now," the blonde replied.

"But the bus broke down," their teacher protested. "It's not their fault that the bus broke down."

"Well, then how did they get here if the bus broke down?" The pair turned to look at the two girls who were joined by their male counterparts.

"Well, they were driven over by—"

"Hey, Mr. Feeny," Cory said, waving.

"Look, we're smart!" Shawn added cheerfully and Juliet gave him a fond smile at his enthusiasm.

"Okay, we forfeit."

The woman ignored him and approached their team. "Boys, where do you go to school?"

"Forfeit! I said we forfeit!" Mr. Feeny told her urgently.

"We go to, um—" Shawn paused and nudged the other boy. "Hey, Cory, who's that guy?"

"Yeah."

"That's John Adams' head."

"We go to John Adamshead High School," Shawn replied.

The redhead chuckled, amused by his answer, though Mr. Feeny was even more insistent. "Which is why we forfeit, you see."

She continued to ignore him. "Let's get them into makeup."

"Oh, no. For the love of god, no."

🌎🌎🌎

The announcer, Mr. Prong, spoke into the mic: "'and now, back to High School Quiz Show with your host, Arthur Kandib.'"

The older man took his spot on stage in front of the scoreboard with a the stack of index cards in his hands. "Thank you, Mr. Prong. Alright, teams, for one point: 'the region known as the fertile crescent lies between which two rivers?'"

The two girls quickly hit their buzzers. "Yes, Miss Lawrence from John Adams."

A seat away from the redhead, Shawn snickered. "He said fertile."

"Uh, the answer is the Tigris and the Euphrates," Topanga stated.

"Yeah, nice try, Topanga," Cory mocked her.

"Idiot," Shawn added.

"That is correct," Mr. Kandib announced. The number on the board changed to 3.

"Alright!" Cory cheered.

"You suck," Shawn called over to the opposing team.

"And with the score: Hamilton High 20, John Adams High 3—"

"We will not be denied!" the dark-haired boy called out and the audience responded enthusiastically.

"We mercifully take a break for these few kind words from out good sponsor at the World of Knowledge," he finished.