10│LAST TANGO IN PHILLY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛᴀɴɢᴏ ɪɴ ᴘʜɪʟʟʏ ꒱

❝ I CONFESSED THAT
UNDER TORTURE! 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet Capelwood's best friend was finally her boyfriend and now she was starting to regret it.

"We need more chips over here, por favor!" Cory called. "Senorita? Los waitresses?"

The redhead exchanged an exasperated look with Topanga. The three of them— Juliet, Topanga and Angela— had decided to try their hands at waitressing. The boys had come on their first night to "support" them but had turned out to be just insufferable idiots.

"Stop calling me 'waitress,'" the blonde told the curly-haired boy as they approached the table. "I have a name you know."

"Yeah, Ramona," Cory said as he read her nametag.

"It means 'Topanga' in English, look it up."

Angela sent the boys an irritated look. "And why are you being so rude?"

"Listen, girls, it's your first day of work, okay? We're just trying to break you in by doing your obnoxious customer routine. Shawn?"

"This is cubed ice, I asked for crush," Shawn added promptly.

Juliet gave him a fake smile. "Oh, you did? I'm so sorry, let me get that fixed for you right away."

As she walked over to the nearby bar, Shawn gave Cory a triumphant look as he completely missed his girlfriend's sarcastic tone. She returned with a pestle and handed it to the dark-haired boy. "You want crushed ice? Crush it yourself."

He scoffed. "This is terrible service. Get your manager over here so I can speak to him."

The redhead leaned down to his level. "Shawnie?"

He turned, and instantly softened as his eyes met hers. "Yeah?"

"If you bother me one more time, I'm not kissing you for a week," she told him simply, "so I'd take the pestle and say thank you."

The boy took it from her and looked reasonably mollified as he said "thank you" in a meek tone.

Juliet stood and gave Topanga a smug look as Cory spoke again: "so, ladies, we thought you might want to celebrate your first day in the work field by taking us out to dinner."

"Well, actually, we were thinking of going out with a bunch of people from work," Topanga replied.

"Yeah, you two should join us," Angela suggested.

"We're going dancing," Juliet told them. She knew what their answer would be as soon as they heard the activity.

"No!" the curly-haired boy exclaimed right on cue. "Dancing? Puh!"

"Yeah, puh!" Shawn agreed.

"Cory, we really like dancing," Topanga said. "You should come with us, it'll be fun."

The three girls went to pick up waiting orders and paused to fill their arms with food. You know they're gonna say no, right?" Juliet asked.

"They might say yes," the brunette countered.

"You haven't known Cory and Shawn long enough to know how stubborn they are," the redhead explained sympathetically. "Don't worry, you'll catch on quickly enough. Watch."