Chapter 21

Chrollo launched a playing card at Gon and was dodged easily.  Gon wasn't ready for that attack but it was easy to avoid.  He weaved away from the bungee gum that was launched towards his feet.  

Hisoka's ability.  That's going to make this a lot harder. 

He was still determined to get close enough to take the book.  He had a new plan now.  If he was using Hisoka's bungee gum all he needed was to let him attach one.  Chrollo would most likely pull him towards him and then throw him back.  By that logic, Gon would have plenty of time to grab the book.  He skillfully dodged all of the attacks, making sure he looked like he was getting tired.  It could make sense since he had been fighting all morning so his plan should work.  He went around a few more getting slightly slower and sloppier with each movement.

Chrollo took notice of different movements and took the opportunity that he saw.  He flung one strand on bungee gum directly at Gon and then another one before he would have time to dodge in his state.  It connected with Gon's wrist and Gon pretended very well to try and break it.  He let his breathing get a little heavier and a scowl make its way across his face.  Chrollo smirked, confidence dripping from his entire being.  Just as predicted, Chrollo pulled him towards himself.  Gon rolled his eyes back slightly to look weaker.  

Just as he was about to fly back around Chrollo when he snatched the book from Chrollo's open hand.  He laughed as he closed the book.  Chrollo's eyes noticeably widened before he focused back on trying to get his book back.  This was far too entertaining for everyone else.  Nobody had ever been able to take his book from him.  Gon held the book tightly in his left hand while he kept his right open for offense and defense.  The first thing Chrollo attempted was to get his book back by brute force, but was unsuccessful.  Gon hopped around his hands finally getting a reaction from him.  He was scared now.  He didn't have his book so his attacks were left to regular nen and pure strength.  Gon, being the nice person he is, didn't lower his power in the slightest.  He wanted Chrollo to be stronger and for that to happen he had to be challenged.  All in all, Gon was really just enjoying the exertion of his power.  

He kept the book in a firm grip, careful not to give an opening for Chrollo to take it back.  He went back on the offense, attacking without any obvious strategy.  He took an opportunity where any opening presented itself.  Chrollo was getting more and more exhausted from trying to keep up without his book.  He was the strongest of the original phantom troupe members but Gon was on a new level.  The fact that he could barely keep up while he wasn't at full strength was a new feeling to him.  

He's only twelve, what are we supposed to do when he's older and stronger, there's no way we can control him then.  

Chrollo blocked out his thoughts, not having the time to think.  He focused all of his remaining energy on blocking and attempting simple counter attacks.  His moves were getting considerably sloppier, but that was to be expected.  Fighting Gon without your own special nen ability, and at 80% no less, was bound to wear someone down.  Chrollo was a determined man and no matter how many hits he took, he only had to land one.  He only need one opening, one, and he would take it.  Gon wanted to see what his opponent would do if given an option, so he twisted backwards, into what would seem like a spin move.  Chrollo saw his opening and bolted.  His power and and vigor were thoroughly drained, but he was giving it his all.  He hadn't been this tired since he fought the eldest Zoldyck men.  It was fun if he was being honest.  

Gon smiled as he tossed the book and jumped over Chrollo's swinging arm.  He used his back as momentum as he jumped from his hands to his feet, across the room.  Chrollo got up on shaky legs and got back into a fighting stance.  Gon tossed his book to him and walked away.  His breathing was noticeably heavier, though not by much.  

"I think that's enough for one day."

Chrollo would have responded but he was preoccupied with getting oxygen back into his lungs.  Gon handed a water bottle over to him and went over to where the others had been watching.  He was barely even out of breath.  

"How is that even possible?  You have to be some sort of freak of nature, or.. or robot, or," 

"Before you continue that assessment, need I remind you that I did spend a good chunk of my life in the forest on an island?  The fact that I'm Ging Freecs' kid could have something to do with it too."

"Isn't he a hunter that nobody can find anywhere?"

"Yeah... Oh well, that's somebody else's problem.  I don't care enough to look anymore."

They gave him a skeptical look before moving away from that particular topic of discussion.  

"But still, you're just a kid, that doesn't explain how you can be that powerful."

"Hmm... I have no clue."

They threw their arms up in frustration, Chrollo excluded, he was laying on the ground.  Chrollo didn't get up to calm the group, but he did nonetheless.  

"He is and he hasn't done anything unnatural to his abilities that he knows of, I checked.  There isn't a thing we can do about it.  Just accept it."  

Most of them already had accepted the fact that Gon was stronger than them but there were a couple that would probably always struggle with that knowledge.  Gon took another drink of his water before speaking again.  

"Don't worry so much about it.  With enough training you will all surpass me and then you can help me train a little better.  It's a win-win." 

He had a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.  Most likely trying not to seem like he was patronizing them.  Nobunaga was still jealous but there was nothing he could do about it at the moment.  Besides, now he knows what makes him upset.  He can learn more about him stemming from that and he'll take it.  The rest of them went about their training with each other while Gon walked with Chrollo back to the house to shower.  Gon debated going back to using minimal force and speed.  He could, they couldn't stop him, but there wouldn't be any benefit in it for him either.  He hopped into the shower and washed the sweat and debris from his body.  He could feel his muscles relaxing at the hot water hitting them.  He showered quicker than usual, opting to observe the others' training.  

Feitan and Nobunaga weren't arguing anymore, instead physically fighting, 'training.'  Chrollo leaned over towards Gon's ear to speak.

"Should I stop them?  There is no fighting between troupe members and they are very angry right now."  

Shaking his head Gon replied.

"No, if it gets out of hand I'll stop it.  This will be good for both of us to observe I think.  Them both being mad changes their fighting styles.  It will give me an idea of what buttons to press later on."

Chrollo should have been upset at the idea of one of his members manipulating another but he trusted Gon.  Some might say he trusted him a bit too fast but it's Gon.  How can you not trust him?

A/N:  I'm back for real now.  Updates might still be a bit slow cuz I'm staying at a lot of different places throughout the next few weeks.  Anyways I hope this is good.  Please remember that you are perfect no matter what anyone says.