Chapter 9

Gon woke up to the sounds of collapsing rocks ringing through the room.  He shot up and quickly ran towards where it seemed to be coming from.  He found Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio standing together, tearing down walls with nen and punches.  

"Gon, you're actually working with them now?!"

Leorio was fuming and Kurapika's eyes had turned scarlet.  Killua just looked sad.  

"Gon, working with the Phantom Troupe does not make you my enemy, because I know that you had nothing to do with the murders of my clan."

Gon cocked his head to the side before realizing what they were planning.

"Gon just stay out of the way.  We'll get you out of here.  They can't hurt you after this."

"Killua stop.  They haven't hurt me.  I chose to be here and you know that.  They are my family now, they showed me loyalty and helped with things that nobody else could have.  Please leave before they kill you.  This isn't something for you to be a part of.  I have only caused each of you pain and suffering, now I'm finally getting out of the picture.  You can be happy now."

"Gon it's far too late to say that."

Kurapika showed his chains and pulled Chrollo and Shalnark out from behind them.  Their mouths were covered so they couldn't speak.  Shalnark was struggling against his bindings, but Chrollo seemed to have figured out hat it was a pointless waste of energy.  Gon wasn't angry with Kurapika, this was something that he'd been striving for, for a long time.  But he wasn't about to let them hurt his new friends.  When Kurapika sent another chain flying towards Machi, Gon caught it and held on with an iron grip.

"Let go of them Kurapika.  This isn't a fight I want to have with you guys."

"Gon, don't make me use my power on you.  I am much stronger than you, and my chains themselves are unbreakable weapons of destruction.  I vowed to only use one on spiders but now you are one."

"I'm sorry Kurapika, but I can't let you hurt my friends.  I don't want to hurt you but I know you aren't stronger than me.  Not since I shut down."

Kurapika sighed and mumbled an apology.  He tightened his chain around Chrollo's middle, causing a slight groan.  Gon watched as Shalnark struggled against his chains, Kurapika making them tighter the more he tried.  The more he watched the angrier Gon became.  His aura started flowing out of him, filled with anger.  

Shalnark put one of his needles into his upper thigh and went into autopilot mode.  He started fighting against the chains even more then.  He eventually was able to wiggle his way out of the chains.  He got into a hand to hand fight with Leorio.  Despite not being as adept at physical combat as the others, Shalnark was more than capable.  Leorio was an adequate opponent, but was nowhere near the skill level Shalnark was at.  It was a quick fight, Leorio giving up easily after seeing the power his enemy had.  

Shalnark turned to Killua, ready to fight.  Killua just stared blankly at him.  Shalnark rushed forward fist raised.  He feinted and kicked Killua in the side.  Killua slid backwards slightly and watched as Shalnark ran at him again.

"I am not here to fight with you.  I'm here for my friend."

Shalnark laughed somewhat maniacally.  It was strange to hear coming from someone so upbeat.  Shalnark didn't continue trying to attack Killua nonetheless.  There was no point in fighting someone who wasn't going to defend themself.  He backed down and went back over to try and help Chrollo out of his chains.  Before he could pull the chains even a  little his needle wore off.  He could already feel the soreness that he was going to have, building up.  Gon was trying to talk Kurapika and the others out of their decision.