Chapter 24

Killua, despite the clear warning in Gon's eyes, stood in his way.  He had his family, minus Milluki, backing him up so it couldn't go too wrong.  Kurapika and Leorio were both there too.  

Gon didn't even look slightly anxious, just furious.  Chrollo took notice to the fact that he just a little less angry than he was when fighting Pitou.  He was truly sick of them bothering him.  He was practically a fountain of bloodlust at this point but none of them visibly looked frightened of this, expect Leorio.  Their body language told a different story.  They were all just a bit stiffer than before.  Gon wasn't fully confident that he could take all of them on by himself, but he knew that he was going to be the main target.  

Even if he didn't go with them, he was going to make sure the rest of them could get out.  He would catch up soon enough anyways.  He released a bit more bloodlust before backing up slightly.  He just barely quirked his head towards the door before charging forward.  The only person to notice the prior movement was Shizuku, who had yet to take her eyes off the scene in front of them.  She pulled back just enough to mutter her theory, which was correct, to the others without tipping their opponents off.

Gon fought his way through Kurapika, Leorio and Killua, making his way towards the next easiest target.  Heading for Kalluto, he watched as Silva tilted ever so slightly indicating his next movement.  Gon pivoted his foot at the last step towards the Zoldyck child, twisting to face the Zoldyck head instead.  The look of shock on the elders face was enough to make anyone laugh under different circumstances.  He opened just enough space for one maybe two people to sneak past them.  Phinks and Nobunaga had joined the fight by now so they weren't options.  Feitan was about to and Shizuku didn't look too far behind him.  Chrollo sent Shalnark with Machi, occupying Zeno with an attack.  They made it out and Gon continued to fight Silva.  Nobunaga went after Kalluto after Gon switched targets.  Phinks was fighting with Feitan against Kalluto and Illumi.  Gon's Ja-jan ken scissors was blocked by Silva's nen, shooting at the prior group.  It didn't hit anyone, lucky them, but it annoyed him nonetheless.

Gon took the opportunity to jump back and have the quickest of conversations with the boss.  

"Get everyone out, you know how powerful those two are, this whole place is probably gonna come down."

While he would have liked to help, he knew that Gon was right, this house was probably going to come crashing down.  Chrollo only nodded as he gave the near silent order to Feitan and Shizuku to leave.  Feitan didn't argue as he used gyo to see the aura pouring out of Gon.  He grabbed Shizuku, who had been waiting behind for an order, and pulled her along to where Shalnark and Machi were.  

They weren't far from the mansion so Feitan took an educated guess as to how bad the damage was going to be and led them farther out.  Once they were a definite safe distance away, they waited for the others to join them.  Eventually Phinks and Nobunaga joined them, Chrollo not seeming to follow yet.  

"What happened?"

"Uh, well, Chrollo and Gon are fighting Zeno and Silva right now.  I knocked the little girl out and Illumi was taken out by one of Gon's extra attacks."

"So, he still fighting?  He is angry?"

"Yeah, I mean the kid looks scary, feels scary, his aura is horrifying.  He is one powerful little boy, I'd hate to be his enemy now or ever."

"Oh?  So you'll get to see the damage he causes then."

"Yeah I guess, though I don't really want to if the boss doesn't get out of there soon."

Chrollo didn't have an exit.  Gon's patience was wearing thin but he wasn't going to do anything until Chrollo got himself out.  Illumi was going to stir soon and he needed to distract Zeno.  Gon couldn't think of anything that would get him out in time.  He thought about it as he diligently dodged the martial arts moves going his way.  He took the opportunity he could find to grab Silva's leg and throw him towards the eldest Zoldyck.  The impact on bone hitting bone created a resounding thud, effectively giving Chrollo an escape route.  

Gon nodded and Chrollo sped off to find the others.  Once he found them they started walking down the hill waiting for the definite sound of someone ending the fight.  They could have kept going down the mountain but Chrollo stopped to turn around.  If that fight was  going to continue, he was likely the only one who was going to be able to tell the difference between Gon ending it or the Zoldyck men.  Anticipation and anxiety weighed heavily on the group as they waited for something to fall.  

Shalnark was still a little out of it but watched intently nonetheless.  Phinks and Nobunaga were watching, partially in disbelief and partially in worry.  Chrollo watched as the house fell in on itself, crumbling into pieces with a mind numbing noise.  Gon hadn't emerged after a good forty-five seconds, which didn't seem overall worrisome to the others but Shalnark, Chrollo, and Feitan were all incredibly anxious at that point.  

Gon watch as the two got up sneering at him.  They looked around quickly finding that Chrollo was gone.  

"Got your friend out did you?  Now you'll have to die all alone.  Pity."

"Huh, arrogant as per usual.  You assassins, never know when to surrender do you? Pity."

Scoffing, the pair leapt into the air, activating  their abilities.  Gon watched as a nen dragon flew towards him.  He could've run, could've dodged, but he decided to try to counter.  In retrospect, probably not his brightest moment, but hey.  He charged his ja-jan ken again, using rock to hopefully overpower the creature.  He braced himself so the force wouldn't throw him too far after the fact.  He watched as the brightness collided with his own glowing nen.  He let it go just slightly forward to, in theory, take the brunt of the attack.  The house shook, as that attack and Silva hit him full force.  He had forgotten about him in his focus on the eldest member of the family.  

Gon was convinced that he was going to die then and there.  He accepted it, that was okay.  The others had gotten out so he was okay with it.  When he was still alive he was surprised, and to be conscious too, he was lucky.  Lucky and surprised, yes, still infuriated though?  Absolutely.  They might have done some damage but he was about to do ten times more to them.  

"Silva get the children underground, I'll hold him off for now."

Nodding the man grabbed Illumi and Kalluto.  He raced off, returning, not two minutes later.  It wasn't a secret that Zeno Zoldyck was getting old, in fact it was even becoming noticeable in his work.  But right now, he was starting to have trouble keeping up with the young man before him.  Silva returned and immediately started attacking too.  Gon smirked, showing his teeth as his let go.  His morals, his worry, his fear, his self control, gone.  Not for long, just long enough.  He sent a ja-jan ken rock that was a plethora more powerful than the last.  The two Zoldyck were stuck.  Not only were they stood together, but they were surrounded by rubble.  They were literally stuck between a rock and a hard place.  They were going to block, they had to, but the chances were that an attack that looked that powerful, would kill the user and them.  

That idea didn't stop Gon as his eyes darkened further and he struck.  The house came crumbling down around them as the thud of bodies hitting the floor was clouded by the currently caving in house.  

"Well, that was definitely Gon.  He was the one to end the fight."

A/N:  Heheheh. Cliffhanger.  Welcome my wonderful readers, I hope you enjoy the newest chapter.  I have some more chapters thought up but I'm not sure, this story might be nearing completion.  Please leave requests, criticism, or suggestions for my writing or other stories.  Remember that anybody who tells you that you aren't who you should be that they are just upset that they don't have the courage to be themselves.