Chapter 4

They continued their drive as if nothing had happened. Gon was still on guard for a few hours.  After a while Killua's presence died off, so assuming he left, Gon let his guard down partially.  Upon looking up he saw that both Chrollo and Shalnark looked pretty exhausted, even with the switches.  He looked over at Feitan to see him looking at them too.

"Move Shalnark, I drive now."

"Hahah can you reach the pedals?"

A quick slap to the back of the head shut him up fairly quickly.  He didn't get out of the driver's seat either way.

"We'll be there soon, I can drive that much longer."

Gon looked out the window to see that they were in fact getting pretty close.  

"Stop... From here it's near impossible terrain to drive on, it'll be faster on foot.  Shalnark, you and Chrollo can go to sleep for a bit before we continue.  Me and Feitan will stand on guard."

Feitan looked at Gon before nodding his head once, understanding from the glint in his eye.  Chrollo and Shalnark nodded once before moving to lay down in the back of the car.  They fell asleep after about twenty minutes.  Gon and Feitan were discussing who would carry who and didn't notice the approaching darkness.  When Feitan looked up and saw them sleeping soundly he pointed them out to Gon.

"We should go.  Darkness make good cover."

Gon nodded and walked past Shalnark to pick up Chrollo, hopefully without waking him up.  He was careful when placing him in his arms, not to disturb the sleep that he had clearly been skipping for a while.  Feitan did the same thing for Shalnark.  It was a rather funny sight to see the small boys carrying people almost if not completely double their size.  Despite the size difference, the two were having virtually no trouble carrying them at all.  Gon was having a much easier time with keeping Chrollo still than Feitan was with Shalnark.  Nonetheless he refused to switch with Gon.  They made it to the NGL entrance place by sunrise and laid the two sleeping down for a minute so that they could rest.  Feitan tossed a water bottle from Chrollo's bag to Gon whilst opening his own.  Gon thanked him almost silently before chugging his own.  

As Gon and Feitan sat down the other two woke up.  The sun was rising anyways so it wasn't too surprising that they were stirring.  As they woke up Gon and Feitan laid down to rest a bit.  Shalnark was the first one to actually get up, Chrollo following ten minutes after.

"Did you two carry us all the way here by morning, without waking us up."

Gon nodded to Shalnark as a reply before closing his eyes.  

"That's super impressive, considering how light of a sleeper the boss is."

Feitan laughed when Gon shot him a mildly confused look.  

"Why do you think I not want to switch.  He would wake up with me.  You were still whole time."

Shalnark laughed at Feitan's response.

"Wow, Feitan, so mean.  You made the newbie risk his life like that.  Do you know how angry the boss would have been if he'd woken him up."  

Feitan nodded confidently as if that explained everything he'd done in his whole life.  Shalnark shook his head again, laughing quietly.

"You three do know that I can hear you right?"

Shalnark froze and turned slowly to face Chrollo.  Feitan opened his eyes and sat up straight.  Gon stayed as he was, being too tired to really care what he was saying.

"Um, hehe, sorry boss, but you are quite the angry riser, and you know it."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Shalnark mumbled something to himself about proof being right there, but nobody  payed him any mind as they returned to their prior tasks.  Gon was asleep for fifteen minutes before he got up swiftly and collected a sleeping Feitan.  

"He's a light sleeper too, be careful, he wakes worse than Chrollo does."

Gon nodded before turning to the others.  He nodded his head to say 'follow me' and they did.

"Don't worry, he'll definitely be mad when he wakes up anyway."

"No, you don't understand.  This is a really bad idea."

"It'll be fine Shalnark, stop worrying so much.  It's only Feitan, he's not going to be able to hurt me."

"It's because it's Feitan that I'm worried.  He is going to literally murder you."

Gon didn't even try to whisper back a response as he adjusted his grip on Feitan slightly.  

Gon had walked for the short distance they travelled.  He was honestly kind of surprised that Chrollo was letting him take so much authority on this mission, but he wasn't going to argue.  As they approached a lake Gon turned his head and shushed Shalnark. As he carried the smaller closer to the water he noticed Chrollo and Shalnark start to back up.

He threw Feitan into the water and laughed.  When Feitan emerged, he looked anything but amused.  He said something to Gon but it wasn't in a language anyone else knew.  Shalnark mumbled something along the lines of oh no before taking off running in the opposite direction.  Feitan had an intense aura around him as he got out of the water.  He had a different set of clothes on almost instantly and he was still speaking in a different language.  By this time Shalnark and Chrollo had ran back to the place they were at that morning.  Gon, could understand why this aura would frighten some people, but he didn't see how Feitan was making people so scared.  

"You will be sorry."

Gon laughed as he started walking away.

"Yeah I'm sure I will.  Come on, we should go find the other two.  They took off when you went psycho."

Feitan shot something made of nen at Gon and hit him in the back.  Gon got up and turned to look at Feitan.  

"I need you for this mission, so I won't kill you."

Feitan laughed like a madman.

"I can't say the same for you."

A/N: Okay so this chapter is a little longer than my other ones so I hope you like it.  I am writing some characters like Feitan a little differently than the show, solely because I like it.  I'm using 1999 Feitan's speech because I think it's really cute.  The other one is already being written and is probably under editing right now.  As always please leave critics on my writing so I can improve and feel free to leave suggestions.  You're all amazing and beautiful/handsome and you should own that. 😊❤️💕