Chapter 12

Gon woke up feeling refreshed and went to go brush his teeth.  He was in a good mood for approximately 45 seconds.  It could have been a good day, but something always had to happen, didn't it?  When he entered the bathroom however, he saw Hisoka leaning on the counter.  

"Ah, Gon, so you really are here.  Why?"

"I'm here because I belong here.  I cause less problems here and they accept my power as it is."

Hisoka laughed as if Gon had just said the dumbest thing he'd ever heard.

"Your 'power' as you call it is barely there.  You don't even come close to where Killua is and for the record, you'll know when you are.  You'll know because I'll fight you."

Gon looked offended.

"You don't think I'm strong enough to fight you then?"

Hisoka hummed his affirmation. 

"If you're so sure that I'm not strong enough then fight me.  Right after I get ready."

Hisoka laughed but agreed, moving out of the room so Gon could get ready.  He took a quick shower and brushed his teeth.  He dried his hair with a towel before wrapping it around his waist.  Assuming Hisoka was still in his room like the creep he was, he didn't really want to be walking around naked.  Hisoka wasn't in his room anymore, so that was a relief.  He changed into a tank top and his old green shorts.  

If he was going to fight Hisoka his clothes were sure to get ruined.  He went to tell the others that he was going out for a bit, but found Hisoka sitting with them.  He was teasing them by the looks of it.  

"Oh good, we can get started now.  I have places to be you know."

 Gon rolled his eyes and walked out the door.  He popped his head back in quickly.

"Oh Feitan, I will train with you when I finish this."

He nodded and Gon continued out the door again.  He was determined to get Hisoka to leave him alone.  

"So if I win this, you have to leave me alone.  Agree or I will have no hesitation in killing you."

Hisoka chuckled and said sure in the most sarcastic tone Gon had ever heard.  The walked a little ways past where Gon and Feitan had trained yesterday.  Gon knew this battle would require at least seventy five percent so he accommodated his stance for some extra stability.  Knowing Hisoka, he might even have to use full power, even though he swore he wouldn't.  

But if it got Hisoka to leave him and the others alone, it might just be worth it.  Hisoka as per usual, didn't initiate any sort of first move.  Gon knew this tactic well, he wanted Gon to rush in so he could stick his bungee gum onto him.  Gon was at a serious advantage, bungee gum is just an aura based ability, so he could break it, just like Kurapika's chains.  But he didn't need to know that just yet.  He also didn't need to know the full extent of Gon's power.  

Even before the fight had started, the phantom troupe were writing down their bets.  

Gon: Chrollo; 580 jenny, Feitan; 140 jenny, Shalnark; 120 jenny, Nobunaga; 100 jenny, Shizuku; 200 jenny
Hisoka: Bonolenov; 200 jenny, Phinks; 100 jenny, Machi; 210 jenny

Kortopi decided to abstain from that bet, along with Franklin.  They were going to place bets on Hisoka, but if they lost to Chrollo, that was a lot of money.  Even if they lost to the others it was still a lot of money.  Not that they couldn't just steal it back, but that was a lot of work, even for master thieves.  

Gon finally got tired of waiting and just charged at Hisoka.  Hisoka seemed pleased with this and moved out of the way with ease.  Gon landed a hit every now and again, taking note of exactly where his opponent placed his bungee gum.  He was going to break it then, but found it pointless to show his hand so early on.  He continued landed powerful punches on Hisoka.  Despite the smug look on his face, it was obvious that he was being injured.  Much longer and he wouldn't even be able to keep up the facade.  

They watched with amusement, none of them liked Hisoka, even if they could appreciate his power.  This was looking to be a quick fight until Hisoka pulled out his cards, slicing easily through one of Gon's arms.  Gon didn't look frightened at all, on the contrary, he was laughing.  

"Oh come on Hisoka, I gave you a completely off guard scenario.  You only aimed for my arm.  Are you going soft or just underestimating me?  Either way I'm offended."

Hisoka laughed a little, but was very obviously pained.  He didn't show it too much though, because he stood up straight and pointed another card at Gon.  

"Don't worry, I just prefer to have some fun with my prey first."

With that he revealed his bungee gum.  One placed on his cheek, one on his arm, and the last one on his foot.  Gon laughed and it was a scary sound.  Especially to Hisoka, who had previously ignored Gon's new appearance, and remembered the childish giggle that Gon used to have.  He brushed it off as if it were nothing and continued to pull Gon around by his bungee gum.  He launched him into the air, only to slam him back into ground.  Gon came out of that relatively unscathed and Hisoka tried for a different attack.  He pulled him towards himself and slammed his fist into his chest.  Gon didn't look injured in the slightest, in fact he continued laughing at Hisoka.  Once he was allowed to stand on the ground fully again, he made pointed eye contact with his enemy of sorts.  

He started pulling at the bungee gum with his left arm, never breaking eye contact.  Hisoka looked confused, he knew that Gon knew bungee gum was indestructible.  So what was he doing?  Trying to distract him, get his guard down?  No, those weren't likely.  He continued to watch for another ten seconds, curious to his point.  After about five of said seconds, the bungee gum snapped in half.  For the remainder of that time, Hisoka stared at Gon.  Admiration, fear, and shock shone bright in his eyes and there was no way that Gon didn't see it. 

"H-How did you even?"

"I remembered that you once said, 'bungee gum contains the properties of both rubber and gum.'  It also contains aura, and all of those substances can be broken with the right angles and force.  I broke Kurapika's chain to."

Hisoka was frozen in shock for the first time in his life.  Never once had he been rendered unable to move to defend himself.  But at that moment he couldn't, not as Gon rushed at him, not as a fist collided with his rib cage, and not as Gon removed the rest of the bungee gum from himself.  

He couldn't possibly win though.  It just wasn't probable, the boy only had one arm.  Hisoka was planning to take advantage of that situation as best he could too.  He now realized the true power that Gon was using and could tell that he was holding back.  It was time for Hisoka to truly get serious.

Well Gon, who's underestimating who now hmm? 

A/N: Okay, so I think that this might be a day late so my apologies. On another note, I haven't been able to feel the pad of my thumb for over four hours, is that normal? Anywaysssss, as always, please leave critics and requests, you are welcome to message me privately as well. Remember at all times that you are beautiful/handsome and deserve something better than what you think you do.